**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Feb 20, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #2,281 of 3,203

Is this 3.5mm cable something that Dan makes himself, or can it be purchased separately?  I really like that cable that came with my Mad Dogs, and I'd love to know where I can purchase different sizes and colors.

We purchase these from V-Moda, it's their audio-only cable.  Plenty of colors to choose from!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 21, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #2,282 of 3,203
I was almost ready to order Mad Dog plus Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround non-pro to game competitively, then mr eleventy told me i shouldnt need a dac or amp but murder mike said MD's would benefit greatly from using one and recommended me to come here. So here i am :)

What do you guys think?

Feb 21, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #2,283 of 3,203
The MD will need an amp/dac to sound it's best. It's just not that easy to drive a planar magnetic hp. There is an entire thread dedicated to which amps pair well with this hp. Just give that thread a look. 

I like the Asgard 2 or a cheap vintage receiver with the MD. 

Feb 21, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #2,284 of 3,203
I've played competitive FPS for nigh on 10 years now. The Mad Dog's have more than enough soundstage and positioning queues are easy to get used to in modern titles (BF3/4 for me now). 

FWIW I use a Schiit stack.

Feb 25, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #2,285 of 3,203
Yo Dan, I got another Mad Dog last night! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #2,288 of 3,203
Haha, it was actually pretty good pizza!
Dan, if you ever come up to Seattle you should try it! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #2,291 of 3,203

Haha, it was actually pretty good pizza!
Dan, if you ever come up to Seattle you should try it! 
biggrin.gif

Is that MOD pizza? One opened up nearby but have yet to try them

Yup, that's MOD Pizza in the University District here in Seattle.

It's pretty good, much better than the other big pizza place up here.

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #2,294 of 3,203
I'm curious if there's any way to tune up the bass like the Alpha Dogs.
I love almost everything about my Mad Dogs 3.2 except that I find the bass slam lacking in electronic genres (of which I primarily listen). 
I'm pairing mine with an iBasso D6. Would a more powerful amp help in this regard?

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #2,295 of 3,203
  I'm curious if there's any way to tune up the bass like the Alpha Dogs.
I love almost everything about my Mad Dogs 3.2 except that I find the bass slam lacking in electronic genres (of which I primarily listen). 
I'm pairing mine with an iBasso D6. Would a more powerful amp help in this regard?

I've sold my Mad Dogs 3.2 for this reason. I also listen mainly to EDM and was driving the Mad Dogs with the PB2. It is more powerful but doesn't give extra bass "slam"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back