**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Jul 6, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #541 of 3,203
Can someone tell me the dimension/diameter of the alpha pad? I am wondering whether it may fit my Sennheiser and AKG headphones.

Jul 6, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #542 of 3,203
Quote:
Can someone tell me the dimension/diameter of the alpha pad? I am wondering whether it may fit my Sennheiser and AKG headphones.

I don't have my MDs with me but based on my having the HD600, I can guarantee you they won't fit the senns. The sennheisers have oval shaped cups and the alpha pads are circular.
I did see a K701 with alpha pads on one of the MD threads a few weeks ago though...

Jul 6, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #543 of 3,203
Quote:

The Dog pads fits the AKG K2xx headphones perfectly, so I'll guess the Alpha pads will fit them as well.

Putting ear pads designed for closed back headphones on open cans like the HD600 doesn't seems like a good idea to me, soundwise.

Jul 6, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #544 of 3,203
Quote:
The Dog pads fits the AKG K2xx headphones perfectly, so I'll guess the Alpha pads will fit them as well.
Putting ear pads designed for closed back headphones on open cans like the HD600 doesn't seems like a good idea to me, soundwise.

Quote:
I don't have my MDs with me but based on my having the HD600, I can guarantee you they won't fit the senns. The sennheisers have oval shaped cups and the alpha pads are circular.
I did see a K701 with alpha pads on one of the MD threads a few weeks ago though...

Thanks for the information. I am thinking to put the alpha pads on my HD540 and HD560. The cups are circular so the alpha pads may fit them.

Also I am curious the sound of HD540/HD560 with leather pads instead of velours.

Jul 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #545 of 3,203
Quote:
50% +/- 50% 
tongue.gif

To be short, the treble is better on the LCD2 by a bit, and the LCD2 definitely sounds more open. They share the same sound sig though.

Disagree and Disagree.  LCD-3s = Agree and Agree.  
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #546 of 3,203
50% +/- 50% 
tongue.gif

To be short, the treble is better on the LCD2 by a bit, and the LCD2 definitely sounds more open. They share the same sound sig though.

Disagree and Disagree.  LCD-3s = Agree and Agree.  :D

Wait, you think the MD has better treble and open-ness than the LCD2?
I hate the LCD2 but not that much!

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #549 of 3,203
Hmm, to each their own I guess. I didn't have very much time with the LCD2 so my views may be skewed. I think we can all agree on the comfort of the mad dogs though! Personally it's the most comfortable on ear headphone I've tried :D

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #552 of 3,203
The clamp on the MD is fully adjustable by the metal clip in the band. It can be very tight or very loose shaped to your preference. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back