**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Jun 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #301 of 3,203
Our measurements were on the website for a while but when we had our outage last week I had to revert to an old version of the site, and the measurements page was no longer valid.  It'll be back again in a couple of days...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #302 of 3,203
I wish that Sennheiser would release some "momentum bumper edition" which are the same sound but 50% bigger. Think I might just keep the Momentums for music listening and the UE6000 for games. These are the only headphones I have at the moment, all the headphones in my sig are gone, but rated which I think are the best. I should have just kept the D2000 and HD650. Oh well.

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #303 of 3,203
I wonder if you should try something like the JVC HA-SZ2000... I actually don't really like them that much but holy bass!!!! They give me headaches so much bass.

Other than that, you are actually looking for a "unicorn" at less than $300...

Jun 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #304 of 3,203
HD650 have deep fast tight punchy bass when paired with proper amp such as WA7 and as I read but never heard Lyr while Xonar as well as many others isn't that's why you didn't like what you heard. Thanks God I wasn't successful in selling them and now enjoying sound I was looking for but not a basshead but want to have the bass quality and quantity when recording require it

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #307 of 3,203
Quote:
HD650 have deep fast tight punchy bass when paired with proper amp such as WA7 and as I read but never heard Lyr while Xonar as well as many others isn't that's why you didn't like what you heard. Thanks God I wasn't successful in selling them and now enjoying sound I was looking for but not a basshead but want to have the bass quality and quantity when recording require it

Sorry but they do not have sub bass. This is a fact.

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #308 of 3,203
Quote:
I wonder if you should try something like the JVC HA-SZ2000... I actually don't really like them that much but holy bass!!!! They give me headaches so much bass.

Other than that, you are actually looking for a "unicorn" at less than $300...

What do you mean by unicorn? it doesn't exist?

Is the rest of the sound on the JVC bad?

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #309 of 3,203

Methinks my buddy is saying the mythical perfect bass for YOU is unobtainium........

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #310 of 3,203
Quote:

LOL. Probably not... or something will not be good (i.e. good sound, but uncomfortable, or comfortable but not enough bass, etc, etc.)
Also, I think I already wrote it somewhere else, but maybe you should look into the Nuforce HP800 and SoundMagic HP100 also...

JVCs... well, it's not that they are bad, their mids are too warm for me and they lack a bit of clarity. I don't like that too much, but, ears/mind are diffeerent. Maybe you will do. Oh, and when EQ'ed, the bass is just way powerful.

The Mad Dogs do provide ample bass, but you are a basshead, you will find it lacking...

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #311 of 3,203
Quote:
Methinks my buddy is saying the mythical perfect bass for YOU is unobtainium........

very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #312 of 3,203
Quote:

LOL. Probably not... or something will not be good (i.e. good sound, but uncomfortable, or comfortable but not enough bass, etc, etc.)
Also, I think I already wrote it somewhere else, but maybe you should look into the Nuforce HP800 and SoundMagic HP100 also...

JVCs... well, it's not that they are bad, their mids are too warm for me and they lack a bit of clarity. I don't like that too much, but, ears/mind are diffeerent. Maybe you will do. Oh, and when EQ'ed, the bass is just way powerful.

The Mad Dogs do provide ample bass, but you are a basshead, you will find it lacking...

*edit* JVC not available in UK anyway.

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #313 of 3,203

They have sub bass down to 20hz atleast. But that is as far down as I can hear. But still the bass I really nice with the Mad Dog, ofc this is no xb500 with too much bloated bass that is for me bad bass. The bass is way better more controlled, punchy, detailed and no bleeding into mids as I hear. I listen to alot of edm alsi and the Mad Dog with Alpha pad is more than enough satisfaction for me without eq in the bass. Maybe im no bass head ofc, as I also like the dt880 bass that is much less than the mad dog.

Jun 27, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #314 of 3,203
Quote:

Quote:

They have sub bass down to 20hz atleast. But that is as far down as I can hear. But still the bass I really nice with the Mad Dog, ofc this is no xb500 with too much bloated bass that is for me bad bass. The bass is way better more controlled, punchy, detailed and no bleeding into mids as I hear. I listen to alot of edm alsi and the Mad Dog with Alpha pad is more than enough satisfaction for me without eq in the bass. Maybe im no bass head ofc, as I also like the dt880 bass that is much less than the mad dog.

This is simply not true about the HD650 bass, go and get a program where you can measure exact tones 10,20,30hz etc. and you can see how much the bass rolls off below 35hz.

Anyway thanks for the info on the mad dogs, I don't mean to sound rude, but the HD650 cannot do low sub bass.

Jun 27, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #315 of 3,203
That is what I did sine wave fom 1-25000hz., ofc there is roll off at a point. Think you misiunderstood abit, as I ment the the Mad Dog in the sub bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back