MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Jan 22, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #4,681 of 5,796
Just wondering if anyone has tried the Dekoni Audio Fostex TH900 Elite Hybrid on the Ether Flow?

I assume the TH900 is the same cup size as the Ether Flow? They look the same anyway. Would be nice to get a good compromise between the Audeze comfort and the stock pad tuning.

Jan 30, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #4,683 of 5,796
my ether c flow regained my love recently, after finding focal clear is very fatiguing for an unknown reason. ether c flow is just right for a long laid back listening session. I don't have a separate amp for ether c flow. Now, I plug it directly into my hugo (original version). Will there any gain to have a separate amp around $500?

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #4,684 of 5,796
haven't tested a Hugo. but the mojo's amp and the Ressonessence Labs Concero HP's amp were both bested by the Burson Soloist, and by a long shot. i think the Soloist used goes for 500ish? yeah, it does. audiogon and headfi both sold in nov and dec from 400 to 500. worth considering maybe...

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #4,685 of 5,796
haven't tested a Hugo. but the mojo's amp and the Ressonessence Labs Concero HP's amp were both bested by the Burson Soloist, and by a long shot. i think the Soloist used goes for 500ish? yeah, it does. audiogon and headfi both sold in nov and dec from 400 to 500. worth considering maybe...

Thanks for suggestions. Buying an amp is even harder. I will watch them.

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #4,687 of 5,796
Back to the tubes thing.... Ive got an Eddie Current zana deux se running an rca 5691 tube, and EFO's. Sounds absolutely grand. But previously, my WA2 sounded rubbish with them. To be fair, its an OTL, and not designed to work for them, but I am surprised by Badas' experiences with his woo audio gear, and the EFO's, as his (more pricey) woo gear, IS designed for low impedance planars...

Feb 1, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #4,688 of 5,796
Well, after a week ~ of testing Ether flow + dx200 i can say:
In my case the position in my head of this headphone is very important really affect to the sound.
With wrong position / bad condition of pads sounds (i receive my pads in a little bad condition) ... maybe lifeless, a little far mid-range (vocals sound near of my forehead) and diffuse image, but with the good position:
Sound really dynamic, clear, excellent image, mid sound less far with right cuantity and vocals sound more front of my nose-mouth, excelent headphone.

PS: I have a small ears.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #4,692 of 5,796
Looking for a tube headphone amp to pair with my Ether Flows and and Schiit Modi Multibit DAC.
Could anyone recommend me 2 or 3 choices on range $300-600?
Thanks
A second hand Cavalli Liquid Carbon.
It sounded glorious with my C Flow and I heard it also with the open Ether and it sounded even better!

Feb 2, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #4,693 of 5,796
It sounded glorious with my C Flow and I heard it also with the open Ether and it sounded even better!
+1 on the LC. Absolutely great match with the Flows!

Feb 3, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #4,695 of 5,796
Two observations on the LC, which I've owned: 1) It's a bit on the warm side, great for a romantic sound but not as fast and clear-edged in the mid-to-highs, compared with two Schiit SS amps I've owned -- Asgard 2 and Jot. Some listeners prefer that LC bias, I did not. 2) It had some production issues (mine had to be sent back for pot repair), and with Cavalli closing, it's not so clear what its maintenance future will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back