MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Feb 3, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #4,696 of 5,796
I had both the Ether open(later upgraded to Flow status) and the LC v1. I thought the combo worked well. The LC is slightly warm but fit my ear and was a very good value. Cavalli was more of a design company than a production company. Most if not all of its production was out sourced. Maintenance future is clear. There is a link on the Cavalli website to Avenson Audio. Avenson did most if not all of Cavalli service and assembled the higher end amps. If I wanted an inexpensive SS amp or an amp with a small footprint I would not hesitate to buy an LC.

Feb 3, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #4,697 of 5,796
Has anyone heard ether c flow with Gilmore lite mk2? ($500) I saw Dan gave a strong recommendation about it. I wonder how does it sound compared to other similarly priced product like Burson Soloist MK2.

Feb 3, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #4,698 of 5,796
Has anyone heard ether c flow with Gilmore lite mk2? ($500) I saw Dan gave a strong recommendation about it. I wonder how does it sound compared to other similarly priced product like Burson Soloist MK2.

The HeadAmp Gilmore Lite mk2 with any of Dans current Aeons and Ethers is great. For a $500 amp it’s very impressive and an option that definitely doesn’t suck!!! :)

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Feb 3, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #4,700 of 5,796
I was going to buy the electrostatic pads for my ether c flow but they don't appear to be on MrSpeakers site. Did they make an announcement about discontinuing the sale of them?
No, but they were still there on January 30th, when I ordered them.
On January 31st I got a message saying "Our Electrostat ear pads are back-ordered do to the release of our VOCE headphones coming up and we are currently waiting for more to come into stock. It will be about a month until we have them.".
I then asked whether they still have the bug in their system where products show up as in stock when they aren't - Dan mentioned that on January 5th:
The store says "in stock" or "out of stock," we've been wrestling with a bug that keeps us from saying "out of stock" but taking orders which we hope to resolve later today.
I got another response from MrSpeakers, saying "Yes, we need to change our in stock indicator asap sorry about the confusion."

So I'm assuming they removed the entry for the pads as a workaround to the bug, preventing people from ordering them.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #4,701 of 5,796
No, but they were still there on January 30th, when I ordered them.
On January 31st I got a message saying "Our Electrostat ear pads are back-ordered do to the release of our VOCE headphones coming up and we are currently waiting for more to come into stock. It will be about a month until we have them.".
I then asked whether they still have the bug in their system where products show up as in stock when they aren't - Dan mentioned that on January 5th:

I got another response from MrSpeakers, saying "Yes, we need to change our in stock indicator asap sorry about the confusion."

So I'm assuming they removed the entry for the pads as a workaround to the bug, preventing people from ordering them.

Ah I see. Thank you. Maybe they'll have some for sale at CanJam NY. Fingers crossed... Although my brainwavz xl pads sound pretty good to me. Just don't have the best fit because they are a little bigger than the cup.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #4,702 of 5,796
The HeadAmp Gilmore Lite mk2 with any of Dans current Aeons and Ethers is great. For a $500 amp it’s very impressive and an option that definitely doesn’t suck!!! :)

Yes, it must be great :smile_phones: Only one problem is that there are too many good amps around $500 these days.:k701smile:

Feb 4, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #4,703 of 5,796
Yes, it must be great :smile_phones: Only one problem is that there are too many good amps around $500 these days.:k701smile:

I wouldn’t disagree. I would suggest however the Gilmore lite mk2 is an amp that plays real friendly with a lot of headphones and that is not so common in those “too many good amps around $500” group.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Feb 4, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #4,704 of 5,796
Two observations on the LC, which I've owned: 1) It's a bit on the warm side, great for a romantic sound but not as fast and clear-edged in the mid-to-highs, compared with two Schiit SS amps I've owned -- Asgard 2 and Jot. Some listeners prefer that LC bias, I did not. 2) It had some production issues (mine had to be sent back for pot repair), and with Cavalli closing, it's not so clear what its maintenance future will be.
Yes, that's the point, difficult to get and company does not exist anymore.

Any other alternative?
I owned an Asgard 2 with Senn HD600 (all of them are sold). Since Ether Flow arrived only paired with Chord Mojo.
Schiit Modi 2 Multibit only used with integrated amp at living room and now I want to use it with Ether Flow but with a tube headphone amp.

Feb 4, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #4,705 of 5,796
Yes, that's the point, difficult to get and company does not exist anymore.

Any other alternative?
I owned an Asgard 2 with Senn HD600 (all of them are sold). Since Ether Flow arrived only paired with Chord Mojo.
Schiit Modi 2 Multibit only used with integrated amp at living room and now I want to use it with Ether Flow but with a tube headphone amp.
Schiit lyr 2?

Feb 5, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #4,707 of 5,796
I have no experience with lyr 2, but heard that many people claim lyr 2 is the weakest among schiit's offering. You can find a plenty of information about comparisons here and there..

I have been reading reviews and stock tubes are not very well evaluated, but a lot of power, with same feeling of not excellent product, even Magni 3 is better reviewed, but have a lot of doubts about pairing Magni 3 with Ether Flow and it is not tube.

Putting tubes apart, temporally, any experience in Glimore Lite mk2?
It is recommended in MrSpeakers website; where to buy in Europe?

Feb 5, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #4,708 of 5,796
I have been reading reviews and stock tubes are not very well evaluated, but a lot of power, with same feeling of not excellent product, even Magni 3 is better reviewed, but have a lot of doubts about pairing Magni 3 with Ether Flow and it is not tube.

No idea. People said a very good thing about Gilmore Lite mk2 here and there, but it is really spotty. Only problem with Gilmore Lite MK2 is that there is no review out there. Someone got to write a review about it. And Headamp should send their unit to some reviewers. Without reviews being available, there is no way for them to gain a market share.

Feb 5, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #4,709 of 5,796

Cant help with Gilmore. But I think you're go have to spend serious cash if you want tubes which pair well with ether flows...as above, my woo audio wa1 didn't cut it. But my Eddie Current Zana deux se does! I'd love to hear of a cheaper valve amp that works with them, though....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back