MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Feb 5, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #4,711 of 5,796
Someone have the '' Jotunheim Schiit '' and Ether flow?, can you share your opinion of this please!
I do, with the Ether C Flow at work and Ether Flow at home. Balanced cable in both cases. Absolutely love it, but remain curious about other amps. Not that I perceive any specific flaws in the Jot, but it might still get better.

Feb 5, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #4,712 of 5,796
Someone have the '' Jotunheim Schiit '' and Ether flow?, can you share your opinion of this please!

I have the Jotunheim with the dac module as well and the Ether C Flows. It was my first major headphone purchase so I don't have much experience but it's the best sound I've heard with headphones. On high gain, I find that 12 o clock on the knob drives them to a great listening volume. So it can go louder if you need it. I will probably upgrade my dac at some point but i think it's great.

Feb 5, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #4,713 of 5,796

I do as well, but only use the Jotunheim for the amp section (plus phono out of my turntable); the Jotunheim is a leaner, but clean sounding amp. It pairs pretty well with the Ether Flow, but to my ears, there's one small dip in sound somewhere in the lower mids that on a few songs, pushes a few male vocal notes a few steps back. Not a huge difference, and if I were just listening to it casually, I probably wouldn't even notice.

Feb 5, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #4,714 of 5,796
I was going to buy the electrostatic pads for my ether c flow but they don't appear to be on MrSpeakers site. Did they make an announcement about discontinuing the sale of them?

I rejected most of the last batch of pads from our vendor so we've pulled the current stock to support the VOCE launch. The vendor didn't meet our quality standards on that batch of pads... It'll be early to mid-March before we have more pads.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 6, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #4,717 of 5,796
Can those of you please that have heard or owned them, help define what the Ether Flow does best, better than any other headphones in this price range or lower? I'm trying to decide if they are for me, and if they a worthy investment!

What type of listeners would think they are the best they've heard, and whether they deliver?

I just need to be convinced before I go all in with them.

Feb 6, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #4,718 of 5,796
Can those of you please that have heard or owned them, help define what the Ether Flow does best, better than any other headphones in this price range or lower? I'm trying to decide if they are for me, and if they a worthy investment!

What type of listeners would think they are the best they've heard, and whether they deliver?

I just need to be convinced before I go all in with them.

As you already have the HE-6 they don't offer a whole lot more. They offer a tiny bit more punch in the bass, are a little easier to drive and have a little less sparkle up top.

Feb 6, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #4,719 of 5,796
As you already have the HE-6 they don't offer a whole lot more. They offer a tiny bit more punch in the bass, are a little easier to drive and have a little less sparkle up top.

What about the soundstage HE-6 vs Ether Flow? I've read here that the Ether Flow can sound compressed in the soundstage, others mention they have a flat soundstage, with everything left and right, and nothing in between. Both being open back planars, do they sound equal to you in soundstage width and depth.

Feb 6, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #4,720 of 5,796
What about the soundstage HE-6 vs Ether Flow? I've read here that the Ether Flow can sound compressed in the soundstage, others mention they have a flat soundstage, with everything left and right, and nothing in between. Both being open back planars, do they sound equal to you in soundstage width and depth.

HE-6 is wider in my opinion, and more airy :)

Feb 6, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #4,722 of 5,796
The ether flow change a lot with burn in, some " reviewers " can't see that because you need 200 hrs for that...
Only owner ether flow can see the full potential of Ether flow.

Feb 6, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #4,723 of 5,796
The ether flow change a lot with burn in, some " reviewers " can't see that because you need 200 hrs for that...
Only owner ether flow can see the full potential of Ether flow.

The pair I had on loan were the pair from the UK distributor that had been used at many many shows... so they have had lots and lots of use.

Feb 6, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #4,724 of 5,796
The pair I had on loan were the pair from the UK distributor that had been used at many many shows... so they have had lots and lots of use.
I buyed a demo ether flow that was use in shows too from HeadAmp, i talked with headamp and they had less than 100 hrs ( headamp ), and in my experience they change a lot the sound after 80-120 hrs, my ether flow get burn after 2 week of use, is 200 hrs.. really long. When you tested the headphone in a show you don't test it 5 hrs continious..

Feb 6, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #4,725 of 5,796
I buyed a demo ether flow that was use in shows too from HeadAmp, i talked with headamp and they had less than 100 hrs ( headamp ), and in my experience they change a lot the sound after 80-120 hrs, my ether flow get burn after 2 week of use, is 200 hrs.. really long. When you tested the headphone in a show you don't test it 5 hrs continious..

These were playing music all through CanJam London, Indulgence show and at dealers... so they were 100% fully run in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back