MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Oct 8, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #2,296 of 5,796
While waiting for my steak after spending whole day at the CanJam in Denver and hearing side by side Flow and Utopia on two different setups I will tell my opinion, which I know is a minority, but I would go with Flow because they have neutral sound with better details retrieval and I don't think that Utopia has better bass either compared to Flow

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Seriously? Both on the same source gear? I am quite surprised you feel this way. From what I'm hearing on my home setup with both cans the Utopia has much better detail retrieval than the Flow. The Flow is great but isn't quite at the same level, IMO.

Yes on two different setups
First one was in QueStyle both and next is ampansound tube amp with 300B tubes
If really want to spend more than 2300 I would rather get Sonoma Electrostatic setup

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #2,297 of 5,796
Yes on two different setups
First one was in QueStyle both and next is ampansound tube amp with 300B tubes
If really want to spend more than 2300 I would rather get Sonoma Electrostatic setup

Ok then. To each their own.

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #2,298 of 5,796

i suspect some smart headfone designers might find this useful...hmmm

xRELICx...u own the 4kUtopia?
i am envioussssssss....damm it better be good..errr GREAT, enjoy bro !!  :p

Oct 8, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #2,299 of 5,796

While waiting for my steak after spending whole day at the CanJam in Denver and hearing side by side Flow and Utopia on two different setups I will tell my opinion, which I know is a minority, but I would go with Flow because they have neutral sound with better details retrieval and I don't think that Utopia has better bass either compared to Flow

Seriously? Both on the same source gear? I am quite surprised you feel this way. From what I'm hearing on my home setup with both cans the Utopia has much better detail retrieval than the Flow. The Flow is great but isn't quite at the same level, IMO.

I really wanna get a closed back headphone for my bedside use, and strongly considered C Flow...but I cannot pull the trigger because to me, Utopia have more resolution, and have much better detail retrieval...very much opposite to what olegausany found

Oct 8, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #2,300 of 5,796
i suspect some smart headfone designers might find this useful...hmmm

xRELICx...u own the 4kUtopia?
i am envioussssssss....damm it better be good..errr GREAT, enjoy bro !!  :p

Great application of magnetism and amazingly forward thinking. Headphones or not it's potential is fantastic, thanks for sharing!

Yup, and a few other things... including the ETHER Flow. It's been a very wallet draining year, lol! :)

Oct 8, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #2,301 of 5,796

I really wanna get a closed back headphone for my bedside use, and strongly considered C Flow...but I cannot pull the trigger because to me, Utopia have more resolution, and have much better detail retrieval...very much opposite to what olegausany found

Have you heard the original Ether C? some people who have heard both have preferred it over the Flow C.

Oct 8, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #2,302 of 5,796
Great application of magnetism and amazingly forward thinking. Headphones or not it's potential is fantastic, thanks for sharing!

Yup, and a few other things... including the ETHER Flow. It's been a very wallet draining year, lol! :)
I am very tempted to get the ETHER Flow as well as a Utopia. Both have me extremely tempted, and your impressions are scaring my wallet lol. I can dream lol:).

Oct 8, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #2,306 of 5,796
Have you heard the original Ether C? some people who have heard both have preferred it over the Flow C.
There was a problem with the flow c at Chicago and I preferred my C's to them but there was a problem with them and no burn in on them so that could change but I liked the open flow more.

Oct 8, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #2,307 of 5,796
Some people love magnets....I can't see the attraction myself....:disappointed:

There was some impressive puns on the Schiit threads over the last day but well done you just beat them all! :rolleyes::p

Oct 9, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #2,309 of 5,796
Lost power from 2 pm to 11 pm yesterday./ Cranked up breakin at 8 this morning and Ether Flows have BASS!!  Seemed like more than my Cs, but breakin continues. Tomorrow evening should be good enough for Wywires Platinum balanced breakin, so will then switch to single ended Red and continue on breakin on mini Schiit desk top computer stack the rest of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back