MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Oct 9, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #2,311 of 5,796
Really loving the tonal balance of the C flow. The mid is spot on, great tuning Dan & team!

Oct 9, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #2,313 of 5,796
Really loving the tonal balance of the C flow. The mid is spot on, great tuning Dan & team!

Which one has less pronounced treble and smoother mods, the Flow or Flow C?

Oct 9, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #2,315 of 5,796
Oct 9, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #2,316 of 5,796
Has anyone compared the new ether flow to the new HE1000 v2 (since the ether flow has apparently bested the v1).

Oct 9, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #2,318 of 5,796
Oct 9, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #2,320 of 5,796
My opinion: ​The Flow C. It's a really nice headphone.

+1. IMO the open version's mid is ever so slightly recessed due to the pronounced mid bass and treble. They do sound excellent but i prefer the C flow's tuning. YMMV

Oct 9, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #2,322 of 5,796
More mids or more soundstage... Why can't it be both

The C flow doesn't have more mid than the flow. It's just that when you compared the tonal balance between the two, the mid on the C flow is more pronounced relative to the rest of the spectrum

Oct 10, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #2,324 of 5,796
Yesterday I listened to both the Ether C and the Ether C Flow in comparison with my portable PM3´s. Ether C always had to less bass, Ether C Flow maybe even has too much now for my taste. But in comparison to the PM3´s I cannot spend so much money for so less sound improvement. I know how it works in the upper class. You pay 5 times more and get a sound improvement on 5 %. And I would have bought them when they would have been really portable, , beacuse I really like their tuning, but alas they are not headphones you can wear in the public or in the underground etc. But this is where I listen to music most, when I´m walking around in the city from A to B. They are far too big on the head. It´s a no go (even if they are really comfortable). So I desided to stay with my PM3´s because they are the only really portable planars (over the ear) that are affordable and bring value for money. But I hope that Dan will work on a smaller can (maybe after the launch of his electrostats). Good luck to him and his team, he has great headphones on the start!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back