MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Jul 30, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #646 of 5,796
  So it appears the Ether/C Flow is available for purchase new, the first lot at least.

When will the upgrade kit be made available for the Ether C to convert to an Ether C Flow Basic or Full out Conversion?

Anybody know?

Thanks.

Already posted in this very thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/814156/mrspeakers-ether-flow-and-ether-c-flow-inspired-by-electrostatic-headphones/570#post_12754414

Jul 30, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #647 of 5,796

Already posted in this very thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/814156/mrspeakers-ether-flow-and-ether-c-flow-inspired-by-electrostatic-headphones/570#post_12754414

Damn, I missed the special upgrade pricing by 2 weeks!!

Just gonna sell them then...

Thanks for the info.

Jul 30, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #650 of 5,796
Shhhh, don't spread it around!

Jul 30, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #653 of 5,796
Just wanted to drop a note that Dan has tweaked the Ether C Flow since he sent me the review unit.  I got ahold of the final-for-sure-definitely-production-this-time unit today and it's a noticeable change from the one I heard before.  Notably more bass without being "bassy" like a TH-900 or something.

People will not be calling the Ether C Flow "bass light" like the Ether C.  Yummy!

(Review coming soon over on Audio-Head!)

Oh and here's a pic people have been asking for:

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #654 of 5,796
  I am okay with the upgrade price as quoted.  I have an ETHER so I would think the basic upgrade would be what I would be thinking.  I am not to crazy about the indeterminate pricing after 40 upgrades.  I would suggest that everyone that signs up for the upgrade within a certain specified time period(1 week or 10 days) be guaranteed the quoted upgrade price.

Yeah that 40 spot doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. Read yesterday that the assembly is setup so not user serviceable so don't expect any modders to offer another alternative. Is it true that even trying to gain access to the cup side is destructive?  That said, Im still curious, if the wave guide on the front might handle the resolution gain 

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #655 of 5,796

But I wonder if I misunderstood, is the upgrade pricing guaranteed for those of us in the 'recent' purchasers bracket and the variable price recomputed after the first 40 for the just ones out of the window of special upgrade?

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #656 of 5,796
Just wanted to drop a note that Dan has tweaked the Ether C Flow since he sent me the review unit.  I got ahold of the final-for-sure-definitely-production-this-time unit today and it's a noticeable change from the one I heard before.  Notably more bass without being "bassy" like a TH-900 or something.

People will not be calling the Ether C Flow "bass light" like the Ether C.  Yummy!

(Review coming soon over on Audio-Head!)

Oh and here's a pic people have been asking for:

Good info.

Thanks for the pic, it makes it much easier to decide, well, besides the fact that the lighting makes the old C look like crap, lol.

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #657 of 5,796
Good info.

Thanks for the pic, it makes it much easier to decide, well, besides the fact that the lighting makes the old C look like crap, lol.

Well we all know what the old one looks like already.  :p  

Also, that's such an old unit that it still has the ring in the CF that was fixed ages ago.  It's not the lighting, it's just a well-used unit that I also use to store finger-print impressions for all my friends in case I need to get into their phones.  
eek.gif

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #658 of 5,796
Well we all know what the old one looks like already.  :p  

Also, that's such an old unit that it still has the ring in the CF that was fixed ages ago.  It's not the lighting, it's just a well-used unit that I also use to store finger-print impressions for all my friends in case I need to get into their phones.  :eek:

thanks for the sneak preview!

are we talking about audeze lcd level of bass here?

looking forward for more impressions

(I kinda prefer the diagonal lines of the older cups to be honest, it reminded me of those Wilson Benesch speakers)

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #659 of 5,796
thanks for the sneak preview!

are we talking about audeze lcd level of bass here?

looking forward for more impressions

(I kinda prefer the diagonal lines of the older cups to be honest, it reminded me of those Wilson Benesch speakers)

I'd have to A/B with an LCD to say for sure... it's been a while since I owned mine.  @Brian Hunter lives down the street and has and LCD-3 and LCD-4 so I can compare next week sometime and report back.

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #660 of 5,796

How about that bass compared to the HE1000?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back