MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Nov 20, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #5,327 of 5,796
hello, if i want more impact/punch with my efo, what thing i need to buy? an amp with tubes or a r2r dac?.. or change the headphone (?)

i have a burson cv2+

Ty.
Buy a Schitt Loki and bump up the lowest frequency knob a bit. Will impact far more than any electronics change could possibly do. See the Loki thread for many examples of people doing this. If you don't have a way to insert a line device, if you are using a computer as a source there are a number of excellent equalization plugins available.

Nov 20, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #5,328 of 5,796
Buy a Schitt Loki and bump up the lowest frequency knob a bit. Will impact far more than any electronics change could possibly do. See the Loki thread for many examples of people doing this. If you don't have a way to insert a line device, if you are using a computer as a source there are a number of excellent equalization plugins available.
hello, i used some parametric EQ with my Efo for add more dB in the bass, but i don't like the result.
schiit loki basically is an analog non-parametric Eq

Nov 20, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #5,329 of 5,796
hello, if i want more impact/punch with my efo, what thing i need to buy? an amp with tubes or a r2r dac?.. or change the headphone (?)

i have a burson cv2+

Ty.

If you have older soft pads (pre June 2017) upgrade the pads and go to the 1.1 tuning with the white felt.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 20, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #5,330 of 5,796
Is very interesting how can change this headphone.

Currently i use cotton between the pad and the structure ( no direct in the driver ), it damper a little and the pad feel more rigid + EQ ( less upper-mid and treble ), old pad without damper

One month ago i'm wait for the new pad from Efo and zmf cowhide pad ( i want to try what happen if i put it without any damper, because it have a darker tone ) i don't know when the pads come haha. I'll order the tuning pack :).

Ty

Nov 20, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #5,331 of 5,796
If you have older soft pads (pre June 2017) upgrade the pads and go to the 1.1 tuning with the white felt.

I ran this combination last night and the ECF were a lot punchier than they were before the upgrade/new pads. Great fun. Thanks for the hard work on delivering a really solid upgrade to the set two years after release.

Nov 20, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #5,332 of 5,796
I ran this combination last night and the ECF were a lot punchier than they were before the upgrade/new pads. Great fun. Thanks for the hard work on delivering a really solid upgrade to the set two years after release.
Did you install the stickers?

Nov 20, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #5,335 of 5,796
Nov 21, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #5,339 of 5,796
Ordered the new pads and the 1.1 kit, really looking forward to it, great to hear the impressions about the extra punch, something sometimes missing right now with QP1R driving my EFO

Nov 22, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #5,340 of 5,796
I've been using the EFO 1.1 without any tuning pads, slowly learning the differences between each one of the tuning pads. The white felt will definitely add that extra punch for you @Bambule.

On a different note, I had a ZMF headband laying around and decided to slap them on the EFO. Not saying they weren't comfortable before but they feel even more comfortable, also feels lighter on the head.
20181122_225754.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back