MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Mar 3, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #3,950 of 5,796

I sometimes feel I'm an unusual guy in this community, as I don't have any desktop rig, neither I'm planning to get one.
I own a QP1R, right now with FAW Noir hpc mk2 and Oppo PM3, and soon with the same cable and the Flows.
That's it.
I can't imagine to have a desktop rig, even when listening at home. I can't imagine choosing one place at home for headphone music listening. I move, this room, that room, outside, garden, in front of an fire, or looking stars, and so on.
I believe I'm loosening on quality on this part of the rig, could get more out of the Flow, but my decision is very clear, no desktop. Was considering an portable amp, liquid carbon. But somehow am fully happy with the QP1R. Listened to the Flows with this DAP, awesome.

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #3,951 of 5,796
I sometimes feel I'm an unusual guy in this community, as I don't have any desktop rig, neither I'm planning to get one.
I own a QP1R, right now with FAW Noir hpc mk2 and Oppo PM3, and soon with the same cable and the Flows.
That's it.
I can't imagine to have a desktop rig, even when listening at home. I can't imagine choosing one place at home for headphone music listening. I move, this room, that room, outside, garden, in front of an fire, or looking stars, and so on.
I believe I'm loosening on quality on this part of the rig, could get more out of the Flow, but my decision is very clear, no desktop. Was considering an portable amp, liquid carbon. But somehow am fully happy with the QP1R. Listened to the Flows with this DAP, awesome.

I am almost on the same boat as you. I can sit for a long listening session but most of the time I want to move around. I have a DP X1 which works great for me but a lot of people say the flows are fantastic with the QP1R. I still want to get a TOTL desktop rig (Gungnir multibit/Mjolnir 2) but its a lot of money. I think I will stick to DAPs until I have enough BS money for a desktop rig. I refuse to mess with my savings. Besides I think once I get my desktop rig I will still mostly use my DAP anyways. With you only having the QP1R and getting Flows I see no problem with that. Should be great.

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #3,952 of 5,796
That's it.

I think it's cool you have that much freedom with it... I listen to Tidal, upstairs in the second bedroom, on my headphone rig ha. That's it really... I love doing that and for me it's something i look forward to. With that said it really constricts me to just one place... owning a carbon my self I might have to make a point to go outside and sit on the porch when it gets nicer out. Why not you know? I just have it so ingrained that the second bedroom is where I listen and that's that. Funny how people become creatures of habit!

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #3,955 of 5,796
Got my Ether C's back after a full flow upgrade today. Out of the box, they sound par excellaunt. It's been awhile so it's hard to really say, but my first impression was fuller, deeper bass, and more clarity on top. Glad to have'em back.    

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #3,958 of 5,796
  let me be truthful here. They do not extend as well into the sub bass as I would like but that is comparing it to closed cans. If you are a big bass head then I wouldnt say these are for you. I listen to a lot of electronic but I am not too crazy about bass. It does have bass though just not an absurd amount of it. I think the reason I love them so much is because of the incredible balance they have. All the little details come out but in a way that is not harsh or too analytical. I listen to absolutely everything (which is why I got the flows) but mostly drum and bass (a lot of it being liquid) which they are really good for. what genre do you mostly listen to?

Your post makes me hopeful.
I'm amongst those who joined the Aeon pre-order, they're gonna be my first big jump to proper big cans. I love liquid D&B, it may not be my most listened genre, I just love it a lot, and I found it lately it's even super helpful during running, the rythm really pushes you.
That being said when I listen to D&B on my Empire ZeusR custom iems, while I do hear a lot of details I don't hear on my pc desktop gaming headphone (Logitech G430) or even my budget 2.1 Creative PC speakers, they just don't provide that enjoyment. My body has to vibrate to it. It's just the way bass decays around the ears and the guts I think. It's hard for me to grasp it. Because I absolutely dislike bassy iems. I don't like the Campfire Audio Andromeda, the Noble K10, Aurisonics Harmony's way of presenting the bass, yet a well defined bass extension is something I crave. I can't endure those types of iems for more than 5min I get fatigued so fast, especially for that type of music.
So yeah, I got tremendous hopes for the Aeons 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 4, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #3,960 of 5,796
  I have an Ether C coming soon, would it be a bad idea to drive them with just the Mojo alone and no amp?

It's a wonderful idea, sounds great!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back