MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Mar 4, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #3,962 of 5,796
For those of you using the Gungnir multibit/Mjolnir 2 combination with the Ether/Ether Flows/Ether Flow C, what interconnect do you use between the DAC and the amp?  The Schiit PYST or something else?  RCA or XLR?

Thanks!

Mar 4, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #3,963 of 5,796
  For those of you using the Gungnir multibit/Mjolnir 2 combination with the Ether/Ether Flows/Ether Flow C, what interconnect do you use between the DAC and the amp?  The Schiit PYST or something else?  RCA or XLR?

Thanks!

I have the Norne Silvergarde and find them to be excellent. Transparent and musical. 

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #3,965 of 5,796
Thanks guy. Then perhaps another $600 for the Liquid Carbon might not be so essential then
It is truly great with all Ethers. If you have the cash it is worth it.

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #3,967 of 5,796
Mar 4, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #3,968 of 5,796
Had Mojo > LC > Ether flow and compared it to Mojo > Ether Flow.   FWIW , I liked the Mojo > Ether better and sold my LC.

Had the same for a while, but opposite views. Now have a Liquid Gold! Cheers

Mar 4, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #3,971 of 5,796
To my ears, the $600 Mojo is a better sounding amp that has a exceptionally good DAC stuck to it for free.

Other way around. Notice you can't input an analogue signal in the Mojo. Technically, it doesn't have a separate headphone amp... 

Regardless, the LC pairs well with the ETHER headphones, as does the Liquid Gold. If one likes the synergy that's what matters, but the Mojo on its own is not lacking as a source to the ETHER headphones either.

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #3,973 of 5,796

Other way around. Notice you can't input an analogue signal in the Mojo. Technically, it doesn't have a separate headphone amp... 

Regardless, the LC pairs well with the ETHER headphones, as does the Liquid Gold. If one likes the synergy that's what matters, but the Mojo on its own is not lacking as a source to the ETHER headphones either.

Yes I would agree, the Mojo amplifies very well, but the secret sauce is in the DAC section I think as well. Still very shocking what a great little device it is. I drive my Z1R with the ojoand man it can bring it.

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #3,974 of 5,796
When I bought my DP-X1 and T5p Second Gens as a portable set up, I asked the shop owner about the Mojo and he basically told me that it'd be a waste of money to pair a Mojo to a DP-X1 and this was coming from a guy who knows headphones well and would have profited from my buying the Mojo. So somewhere in there I have it in mind that the DP-X1 might do an 'OK' job of driving the Ether Flows when away from the desk. But I dunno...

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #3,975 of 5,796
  When I bought my DP-X1 and T5p Second Gens as a portable set up, I asked the shop owner about the Mojo and he basically told me that it'd be a waste of money to pair a Mojo to a DP-X1 and this was coming from a guy who knows headphones well and would have profited from my buying the Mojo. So somewhere in there I have it in mind that the DP-X1 might do an 'OK' job of driving the Ether Flows when away from the desk. But I dunno...

The DP-X1 is 150mW+150mW balanced and 75mW+75mW SE max (unspecified load - no specs for Current). The Mojo is 720mW@8 Ohm and 600mW@32 Ohm SE and 500mA Current delivery. There's a big difference there, but it would be interesting to know how the ETHERs fare with the DP-X1. On the Mojo I don't use much volume to get my average listening level with the ETHERs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back