MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Mar 3, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #3,931 of 5,796

They are both pretty damn good headphones that complement each other well. Why not get both? 
tongue.gif

In the last few weeks it's been an Onkyo DP-X1, accessories, cables and a pair of T5p.2s for portable, and now the The Flows, Gumby/Mjo2, more accesories, streaming subscription... this is seriously enough cash to have bought a pretty decent used car... if I didn't know better I'd wonder if I'm any good with money. I think once I get this rig set up I'm going to message Jude and ask him to ban me from the forum as this place just ain't good for the pocket book :/

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #3,933 of 5,796
For those who've patiently waited round-hole ear pads will be here and for sale Tuesday.

It's a fun sound, with a really smooth effect that's laid-back and has great room feel.  And the soundstage is bomb.   A fun reversible tweak to enjoy the Flow's in a new way.  It is reversible but after a few removals the pads may cease to fit as snugly, so this isn't something to do every day unless you've got a stock of pads.

The pads were designed for the open version in mind only right?

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #3,934 of 5,796

In the last few weeks it's been an Onkyo DP-X1, accessories, cables and a pair of T5p.2s for portable, and now the The Flows, Gumby/Mjo2, more accesories, streaming subscription... this is seriously enough cash to have bought a pretty decent used car... if I didn't know better I'd wonder if I'm any good with money. I think once I get this rig set up I'm going to message Jude and ask him to ban me from the forum as this place just ain't good for the pocket book :/

If it makes you feel better in the last 12 months I have spent about £15k on audio... That includes a speaker setup as well though 
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #3,935 of 5,796

So true, the best thing is to try and stay away from threads about new products once you have gear you really like. The next latest and greatest buzz can really whip you up into a purchasing frenzy. I often find few products are really so much better or so unique as compared with any other well designed and implemented gear; usually the differences between quality devices is more shades of grey than black and white.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #3,936 of 5,796
I upgraded my open HP from senn's hd590 to Ether Flow. The Flow should arrive in the next few days. I enjoyed the Senn's for 15 years. I hope I will enjoy the flows the next 15 years.
Although: I wasn't reading threads the last 15 years, so maybe really unsubscribe next week..

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #3,937 of 5,796
  For those who've patiently waited round-hole ear pads will be here and for sale Tuesday.

It's a fun sound, with a really smooth effect that's laid-back and has great room feel.  And the soundstage is bomb.   A fun reversible tweak to enjoy the Flow's in a new way.  It is reversible but after a few removals the pads may cease to fit as snugly, so this isn't something to do every day unless you've got a stock of pads.

I was wondering if the UK dealers will get stock of these or should I just order them from you directly from the USA?

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #3,938 of 5,796
I upgraded my open HP from senn's hd590 to Ether Flow. The Flow should arrive in the next few days. I enjoyed the Senn's for 15 years. I hope I will enjoy the flows the next 15 years.
Although: I wasn't reading threads the last 15 years, so maybe really unsubscribe next week..

There will always be better even from the same company themselves but no doubt that the Ether Flows are incredibly enjoyable. What amazes me is that I was going to get another headphone for electronic music before I bought the Ethers but the Ether Flows are so flexible that I think my journey ends here.

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #3,939 of 5,796
There will always be better even from the same company themselves but no doubt that the Ether Flows are incredibly enjoyable. What amazes me is that I was going to get another headphone for electronic music before I bought the Ethers but the Ether Flows are so flexible that I think my journey ends here.

That's really great to hear from you, because my only little fear is that they won't handle electro stuff well enough for me

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #3,940 of 5,796
I'm not surprised they do electronica well. Not to generalize too much, but I think planars do well with electronic music and the Ether Flow I suspect would be very good in this regard.

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #3,941 of 5,796
let me be truthful here. They do not extend as well into the sub bass as I would like but that is comparing it to closed cans. If you are a big bass head then I wouldnt say these are for you. I listen to a lot of electronic but I am not too crazy about bass. It does have bass though just not an absurd amount of it. I think the reason I love them so much is because of the incredible balance they have. All the little details come out but in a way that is not harsh or too analytical. I listen to absolutely everything (which is why I got the flows) but mostly drum and bass (a lot of it being liquid) which they are really good for. what genre do you mostly listen to?

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #3,942 of 5,796
I like the speed and tactile feel of the music that is somewhat unique when produced by a well done planar headphone. I am a basshead these days so I have moved to that type of signature, but there is a lot to be said for tight, detailed, and well controlled bass that is agile and punchy even if it isn't perhaps at basshead proportions. I suspect I would love the Ether C Flow if it had a little more bass, at least on par with the Ether Flow. I have little doubt that one day I will have one of these fine headphones.

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #3,943 of 5,796
  I like the speed and tactile feel of the music that is somewhat unique when produced by a well done planar headphone. I am a basshead these days so I have moved to that type of signature, but there is a lot to be said for tight, detailed, and well controlled bass that is agile and punchy even if it isn't perhaps at basshead proportions. I suspect I would love the Ether C Flow if it had a little more bass, at least on par with the Ether Flow. I have little doubt that one day I will have one of these fine headphones.

This is one thing I found very confusing with the ether C flow. It extended very well but the bass on the ether flow is much better to me.

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #3,944 of 5,796
This is one thing I found very confusing with the ether C flow. It extended very well but the bass on the ether flow is much better to me.
I haven't heard the open variant, but with the extension and clarity of the bass on the closed variant, I never feel like the C Flow leaves me desperate for more bass.

I guess I am a little confused because way back when, I recall Dan mentioning that there was more sub bass on the C Flow.

Mar 3, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #3,945 of 5,796
let me be truthful here. They do not extend as well into the sub bass as I would like but that is comparing it to closed cans. If you are a big bass head then I wouldnt say these are for you. I listen to a lot of electronic but I am not too crazy about bass. It does have bass though just not an absurd amount of it. I think the reason I love them so much is because of the incredible balance they have. All the little details come out but in a way that is not harsh or too analytical. I listen to absolutely everything (which is why I got the flows) but mostly drum and bass (a lot of it being liquid) which they are really good for. what genre do you mostly listen to?

I think it's similar with with music, I listen to various genres. As you like drum and BASS, and reconsidered the purchase of a bassier hp, I think I'll be really fine with the flow and my music.
I can't wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Back