MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Oct 14, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #2,417 of 5,796
Is there anyone/ anywhere in UK where I can compare my Ether-C to the Ether-C Flow before I decide if I want to upgrade or not?

Audio Sanctuary in London? They stock them and have a demo area. Not sure if you can demo them though because stock in the UK is very tight so they might not have any left. Best to ring them if you want to know.

Oct 14, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #2,419 of 5,796
Speaking of comfort on the ether flow, are there people who find them not comfortable? Big ear guys like me?

I have very large ears, and they haven't given me any discomfort.  Ear opening is very similar to LCD's.

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #2,423 of 5,796
I put in my order through a dealer. I received an update from them, and it'll looks like it will arrive after four and a half weeks to get to my dealer.

I'm pretty excited for the C Flows. I don't know if I want to go with a Chord Mojo or a separate Liquid Carbon and DAC combo.

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #2,424 of 5,796
I put in my order through a dealer. I received an update from them, and it'll looks like it will arrive after four and a half weeks to get to my dealer.

I'm pretty excited for the C Flows. I don't know if I want to with a Chord Mojo or a separate Liquid Carbon and DAC combo.

I'm totally loving my C Flows with a Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC and Schiit Jotunheim amp, but I also have a just-arrived Liquid Carbon, when it has been through its recommended 150h of burn-in, I'll be happy to provide impressions. I'm told that the cheaper & smaller Schiit Modi Multibit DAC is close in performance to the Bifrost Multibit, so Modi + LC might be a very nice and semi-portable source for the C Flows. 

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #2,425 of 5,796

I'm pretty excited for the C Flows. I don't know if I want to go with a Chord Mojo or a separate Liquid Carbon and DAC combo.

The original C sounds very good through just the Mojo. Weak points are little closed in soundstage and a bit lacking sub bass. Other than that very, very good. Smooth, detailed, punchy and very resolving low end and imaging. Adding an external amp may help the Mojo to add dynamics, bass and soundstage though. Mojo is a really good way to start but the LC and Mojo combo has been really well regarded combo here too :)

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #2,428 of 5,796
My Flow is enroute, agonizing wait for the mail to come today.. 

Oct 15, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #2,429 of 5,796
  I'm totally loving my C Flows with a Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC and Schiit Jotunheim amp, but I also have a just-arrived Liquid Carbon, when it has been through its recommended 150h of burn-in, I'll be happy to provide impressions. I'm told that the cheaper & smaller Schiit Modi Multibit DAC is close in performance to the Bifrost Multibit, so Modi + LC might be a very nice and semi-portable source for the C Flows. 

I would definitely like to hear impressions.  Most of my headphone ownership has been without good amps or dacs.

The original C sounds very good through just the Mojo. Weak points are little closed in soundstage and a bit lacking sub bass. Other than that very, very good. Smooth, detailed, punchy and very resolving low end and imaging. Adding an external amp may help the Mojo to add dynamics, bass and soundstage though. Mojo is a really good way to start but the LC and Mojo combo has been really well regarded combo here too :)

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back