MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Oct 15, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #2,434 of 5,796
As I'm living in Switzerland i have to contact the dealer, since he isn't giving any options on the cable. I can't see which cable he is going to deliver, when I'm choosing the headphone on his page...

Oct 15, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #2,438 of 5,796
So I've recently gotten my Ether Flows, but the leather headband was attached backwards. Is is possible to unscrew it and reverse it to the correct orientation without damaging the headphones?

Oct 16, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #2,439 of 5,796
  So I've recently gotten my Ether Flows, but the leather headband was attached backwards. Is is possible to unscrew it and reverse it to the correct orientation without damaging the headphones?

Yes lol my C 1.1 had the same thing. Just be careful with the plastic adjustment pieces falling to the floor
when fully unscrewed. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #2,442 of 5,796
My upgrade from Ether C 1.1 to Ether Flow (open) is on the way from Hawaii to the land of sheep and hobbits. Customs duties have been pre-paid and it should reach me tomorrow or the day after that.

Really looking forward to getting this headphone. I found the Ether C 1.1. generally good, but a little on the thin / bass-lite side of the equation. Leapt at the upgrade path to the open Flow. If it can address the issues I had with the Ether C 1.1 it will be a fantastic headphone.

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #2,443 of 5,796
My upgrade from Ether C 1.1 to Ether Flow (open) is on the way from Hawaii to the land of sheep and hobbits. Customs duties have been pre-paid and it should reach me tomorrow or the day after that.

Really looking forward to getting this headphone. I found the Ether C 1.1. generally good, but a little on the thin / bass-lite side of the equation. Leapt at the upgrade path to the open Flow. If it can address the issues I had with the Ether C 1.1 it will be a fantastic headphone.
Ether Flows do have more bass than the C's. I'll be upgrading my C 1.1's to open Flows also.

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #2,444 of 5,796
Ether Flows do have more bass than the C's. I'll be upgrading my C 1.1's to open Flows also.

Can I ask your thinking on the choice of upgrade from Ether C to Flow open?

I found that I really didn't need the extra isolation of the C, so went with the open version. It is a more expensive upgrade path, but I was thinking that the open would  have a somewhat better SQ than the closed version. Not really sure that is true, just a generalization that closed designs tend to struggle to match the SQ of the open designs. YMMV.

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #2,445 of 5,796
Can I ask your thinking on the choice of upgrade from Ether C to Flow open?

I found that I really didn't need the extra isolation of the C, so went with the open version. It is a more expensive upgrade path, but I was thinking that the open would  have a somewhat better SQ than the closed version. Not really sure that is true, just a generalization that closed designs tend to struggle to match the SQ of the open designs. YMMV.

I sold my Ether C 1.1's and purchased a set of Open Flows.. Can verify that they do definitely have more bass.. Honestly I couldn't be happier with the upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back