MrSpeakers Ether CX - $899 from Massdrop
Oct 1, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #61 of 744
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 3, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #63 of 744
Well, the CX drop makes all the sense now. Probabily using the same damping parts for the CX to make the Flow 1.1 upgrade, and reducing stock of Ether drivers to make room for the Ether 2s at the same time!

I'm very glad to capitalize on this drop then. Nearly half price. That was good thinking Dan.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #64 of 744
Well, the CX drop makes all the since now. Probabily using the same damping parts for the CX to make the Flow 1.1 upgrade, and reducing stock of Ether drivers to make room for the Ether 2s at the same time!

I'm very glad to capitalize on this drop then. Nearly half price. That was good thinking Dan.

:)

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #65 of 744
Don't the Flow 1.1 and the CX use the same drivers? I don't know if reducing stock is the goal exactly. I'm sure they want to sell through current inventory as well as build more CX/1.1 drivers to sell.

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #66 of 744
The CX uses the same diaphragm as Flow but the motor doesn't have the flow technology in it. The Flow line has a bit more extension on the top due to this, and also a little more bass output.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #67 of 744
@CEE TEE @mrspeakers Any thoughts on including a basic bag for the cans themselves in the box? I see there's a cord bag (which is actually arguably more important to me anyways). If not, my mother only lives a couple hours away and is a professional seamstress heh.[/QUOTE]
@CEE TEE @mrspeakers Any thoughts on including a basic bag for the cans themselves in the box? I see there's a cord bag (which is actually arguably more important to me anyways). If not, my mother only lives a couple hours away and is a professional seamstress heh.”

Hi @SeEnCreaTive,
The velour bag has a cord but fits the headphones. It is not a bag just for the cable...
Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #68 of 744
@CEE TEE @mrspeakers Any thoughts on including a basic bag for the cans themselves in the box? I see there's a cord bag (which is actually arguably more important to me anyways). If not, my mother only lives a couple hours away and is a professional seamstress heh.”

Hi @SeEnCreaTive,
The velour bag has a cord but fits the headphones. It is not a bag just for the cable...
Hope that helps!

Sure does! Thanks CeeTee!

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #70 of 744
Someone from the Quad importer is saying in the Massdrop discussion on these that this sale is not authorized by Quad or its U.S. importer.

So Massdrop has gone from working with companies to being a gray market importer? Yuck. I'll think long and hard before doing business with them again.

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #71 of 744
Someone from the Quad importer is saying in the Massdrop discussion on these that this sale is not authorized by Quad or its U.S. importer.

So Massdrop has gone from working with companies to being a gray market importer? Yuck. I'll think long and hard before doing business with them again.

It looks like the drop got cancelled as well... Wonder how that all came about...

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #72 of 744

Are you talking about the Mr. Speakers Ether CX? I don't think the CX is a grey market product. Dan builds these from scratch in San Diego.

Oct 16, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #73 of 744
Are you talking about the Mr. Speakers Ether CX? I don't think the CX is a grey market product. Dan builds these from scratch in San Diego.

Exactly, the CX was built specifcally for Massdrop.

Oct 16, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #74 of 744
Correct, this is a product we produced with direct collaboration with Massdrop. They've really been super professional and a pleasure to work with.

Oct 16, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #75 of 744

Users who are viewing this thread

Back