MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Oct 31, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #1,051 of 4,813
  Ok... I think I'm going to start selling some of the watches I don't use and get this already! I can't stand looking at the pictures on Dan's website and getting that itch to click "Add to Cart"!!! The only thing stopping me is that I just bought a car!! LOL!

Arrrghhh...

I just bought this headphone AND a car. 
blink.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #1,052 of 4,813
Nov 1, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #1,053 of 4,813
I wore my ETHER C's out today, and folk thought my cans were part of my costume, and I was the spirit of Rock&Roll. And when one couple listened to them, they were impressed, however were horrified by the price lol. He loved them, his wife looked like she was going to kill me hehe. Glad to spread unwanted temptation.

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #1,054 of 4,813
I wore my ETHER C's out today, and folk thought my cans were part of my costume, and I was the spirit of Rock&Roll. And when one couple listened to them, they were impressed, however were horrified by the price lol. He loved them, his wife looked like she was going to kill me hehe. Glad to spread unwanted temptation.

You sir embody the spirit of Halloween, hahaha. Spread the temptation!

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #1,055 of 4,813

Excellent

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #1,056 of 4,813
I must admit i can't possibly imagine wearing cans like the Ether C outside,not only is there the very real possibility of their getting broken but despite their being closed the noise from outside would make them pretty much unlistenable...i used to have the Primes which I assume would isolate about the same as the Ether C and that wouldnt cut it outside....I suppose if you were trying to wear them as part of a Halloween costume that would be a different story 

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #1,057 of 4,813
I must admit i can't possibly imagine wearing cans like the Ether C outside,not only is there the very real possibility of their getting broken but despite their being closed the noise from outside would make them pretty much unlistenable...i used to have the Primes which I assume would isolate about the same as the Ether C and that wouldnt cut it outside....I suppose if you were trying to wear them as part of a Halloween costume that would be a different story 

I used to own the AKT5p and happily walked everywhere with them. Probably going to do the same with Ether C. One just needs to be a little careful and use some common sense and you ought to be fine mate.

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #1,058 of 4,813
I wear them inside certain malls, grocery stores and waliworld. And if its to hot and sunny out I put the cans back into the case. If its hot out I use my PM-3's. I only wear the headphones where its safe. I already had one mug try to take my pm-3's, I still feel sorry for his thumbs. But I take the risk so I can spread this hobby. :)

Nov 1, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #1,059 of 4,813
Ether C with FedEx, Chord Mojo ready for collection at the dealers show rooms. My last day on holiday promises to be exciting.

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #1,061 of 4,813

I found these images on Google and I thought people would be interested in comparing the sizes of the two drivers. Interesting to see how the Ether C is facing squarely out versus the diagonal mounting of the T50RP. Also the driver itself looks huge and takes up the majority of the cup space. I don't think anyone will find these lacking in bass.

EDIT: if anyone is a fan of Muse out there, can you listen to Absolution for me and the last track "Ruled by Secrecy"? I want to know how awesome it sounds out of these if it sounds so good out of the Alpha Dogs.

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #1,063 of 4,813
Pictures really don't do justice to just how good the C look, we'll see how the family reunion works out later this evening:

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #1,064 of 4,813
Nice pics. A like the look of the Ether C. I like the comfort and build quality even more. The SQ is excellent - neutral, balanced, detailed. My modded HE6 driven from speaker taps does a little more in terms of performance, but the extra comfort and isolation of the Ether C makes it an easy trade off for me. I reach for the Ether C more often than not. My modded HD800 is not getting much love at the moment.

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #1,065 of 4,813
Nice pics. A like the look of the Ether C. I like the comfort and build quality even more. The SQ is excellent - neutral, balanced, detailed. My modded HE6 driven from speaker taps does a little more in terms of performance, but the extra comfort and isolation of the Ether C makes it an easy trade off for me. I reach for the Ether C more often than not. My modded HD800 is not getting much love at the moment.

I'll be giving the C a run against the HE6 tonight probably, be interesting to see how that goes. I like my Ether, but they're no match for my HE6 for my tastes (I wish I heard it differently to be honest, because for everything other than pure SQ I much prefer the Ether). I expect I'll prefer the HE6 by a margin over the C too, but thats ok, being closed the C isn't really competing with the HE6 as such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back