MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Apr 1, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #3,302 of 4,813
Great review from Tyll. I think that puts two Ethers on the WOF. 
biggrin.gif
 Couldn't be happier for Dan and the team. Well deserved. 

Apr 1, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #3,303 of 4,813
Congrats Dan and thanks Tyll for the great review. Cheers

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #3,304 of 4,813
As a fan and regular reader of Tyll, I am as blown away by his review of the C as he is of the C itself.  Here are some choice quotes :

"The Mr. Speakers Ether C is hands-down the best sealed full-size headphone I've ever heard...easily."

". . . the subjective experience it delivers is so potent."

". . . the overall impression is almost overwhelmingly musical."

"Headphone manufacturers, buy one right now and take a good hard look, you've got work to do."

"I feel like I haven't done justice to this headphone in this review; I just don't have the words..."

"Damn."

Here`s the review link again. 

Congrats Dan, and I agree, Damn! 

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #3,306 of 4,813
As a fan and regular reader of Tyll, I am as blown away by his review of the C as he is of the C itself.  Here are some choice quotes :

"The Mr. Speakers Ether C is hands-down the best sealed full-size headphone I've ever heard...easily."

". . . the subjective experience it delivers is so potent."

". . . the overall impression is almost overwhelmingly musical."

"Headphone manufacturers, buy one right now and take a good hard look, you've got work to do."

"I feel like I haven't done justice to this headphone in this review; I just don't have the words..."

"[COLOR=333333]Damn."[/COLOR]

Here`s the review link again. 

Congrats Dan, and I agree, Damn! 

I think Tyll was smitten by the Dan's amazing ETHER C. The review is sweet.:)

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #3,307 of 4,813
For the sake of my wallet, I shouldn't have read that review :D

For the sake of your ears you'd be glad you did! :veryevil:

Apr 2, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #3,308 of 4,813
Tyll's review is a reconfirmation of what I thought, the Ether C is simply the best closed headphone in the market today. I have mine given with DUM cables and came 1.1 fitted (apparently it was because Dan personally brought them to Singapore during the Canjam.. I pretty much bought the last piece from E1).

while I liked he DUM cables, they were kinda thick and Albert at E1 had me try the Wywires red which was absolutely beautiful, thin, well made, isolated with zero microphonics. Is there any other better made headphone cable that is so portable today? I'd like to know.

I currently run my Ether C with Wywires red off an Oppo HA1 and results have been fantastic. because I usually listen to my headphones just before I sleep, I place one black tuning pad to calm some of the highs down at a vey small expense of soundstage and clarity. Playing the white tuning pad gave me deep and rich sounds, very a la LCD3, the dark knight.

the Ether C is absolutely what I've been looking for for years. A headphone that is somewhere between that of a HD800S and an LCD3, able to sync in the best of both worlds, the dark and the light, to create a sound signature that it can call its own... the Ether sound. in a very layman visualization of light sabers, I would call the LCD3 a red light saber and the HD800/S the blue light saber. The Ether would be the uber cool purple one...

just wanted to reiterate again that your Ether would only become a light saber after 200 hours... don't judge this headphone before its been completely burned in :)

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #3,309 of 4,813
Apr 2, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #3,311 of 4,813
Apr 2, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #3,313 of 4,813
:beerchug:

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #3,315 of 4,813
Just ordered the beyerdynamic t5p 2 gen,some days ago and now i saw these bad m...... review on innerfidelity. Looks awesome :) But its to expensive for me.Its almost two and a half  more the price of the t5p :/ But if i had the money,i might go for the ether c.It really looks like it could be an end game headphone :) But for now the t5p and shure se 846 will be my end game headphone/iems for some years.But maybe the price will get lower in the future :p

Just for curiosity.How are they for portable use with an mobile/ipod/amp (like the oppo ha-2),and for edm,rock,metal,electronica music? Im not an basshead,but like god punchy bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back