MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Apr 1, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #3,286 of 4,813
  Is that his actual account though? Just trying to keep my hype bias low haha.

It's speculation based on what an audiophile thinks a good studio headphone is.

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #3,287 of 4,813
Yup.  Review in the works.
that is really great news. Looking forward to eagerly reading your review sir. Please have a great weekend jamming out.:)

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #3,288 of 4,813
ROFL that dinosaur picture. I want that on a shirt and then I want the regular ETHER shirt as well. Damnit.

Yes the dino shirt and a regular ETHER would be great.

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #3,289 of 4,813
  Yup.  Review in the works.

Nice. Looking forward to it. Love your writing and videos and since I distinguished the slight differences in our taste for headphones it gives a very good basis on the stuff that you review.

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #3,296 of 4,813
  Get off the fence, buddy, it's up.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/mr-speakers-ether-c-world-class-sealed-headphone

wow, you literally rolled out the red carpet for the Ether C!

"no ******** carbon fiber parts" - heh heh, except for the decor of the cups :)

I'm wasn't familiar with the term "bordinary" - but I think I like it

"butt-ugly case" - high praise, indeed!

Tyll, please learn it's vs its :)

"The Mr. Speakers Ether C is hands-down the best sealed full-size headphone I've ever heard...easily."
Truly high praise!

"but after some long listening I found myself preferring the Ether C au natural"
Man, I hope you are referring to the headphone EQ rather than your state of dress! 
wink_face.gif

A VERY nice review Tyll. 

And congratulations to Dan for such great headphones.

Apr 1, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #3,298 of 4,813
Apr 1, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #3,299 of 4,813

Very nice review Tyll, thank you. I agree with all the good, and I understand your statements about the bass. I find 2 black pads helps here for me. A slight reduction in treble, plenty of detail left for my taste, and a bit more bass. It works well for my listening enjoyment. I pull the 2 black pads back out and use them "naked" if I feel the need to make a science project out of my listing session.

Edit - I totally forgot to mention - I am in San Diego this weekend. Dan was gracious enough to let me stop by and say hi. He was super busy and I only had a small free window so it was only quick visit but - I heard the Ether C with the Ether flat pads. It seemed a touch warmer and more intimate. Interesting enough that I'll definitely order a pair.

Apr 1, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #3,300 of 4,813
Very nice review Tyll, thank you. I agree with all the good, and I understand your statements about the bass. I find 2 black pads helps here for me. A slight reduction in treble, plenty of detail left for my taste, and a bit more bass. It works well for my listening enjoyment. I pull the 2 black pads back out and use them "naked" if I feel the need to make a science project out of my listing session.

Edit - I totally forgot to mention - I am in San Diego this weekend. Dan was gracious enough to let me stop by and say hi. He was super busy and I only had a small free window so it was only quick visit but - I heard the Ether C with the Ether flat pads. It seemed a touch warmer and more intimate. Interesting enough that I'll definitely order a pair.

Are the flat pads as thick as the thick or thin side of the angled C pads?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back