MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Mar 30, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #3,271 of 4,813
  I am torn between the regular Ether and the LCD-X and the Ether C..  Not considering the LCD-XC because it looks to be too heavy. ATM I am leaning towards the EC because I have kids and work half my week in a shared office environment.

Has anyone owned the LCD-X and the Ether C at the same time? How do they stack up to one another? Is it worth it to continue to just use my Oppo PM3’s at work and get an open headphone at home when things are quite? (only late at night)

Will be making a purchase in May.. If I get the Ether C, I will initially be pairing it with my current dac/amp Oppo HA-2 (and continue to do so at work. Has anyone used this combo, if so how do they pair 

The Oppo PM3 is certainly a viable alternative but it will not give you the TOTL performance of the Ether C.  

Re LCD-X v. Ether C, this has been considered before in various places in this thread. Here's what I and another member said awhile back:-- see page 182 in this thread, posts 2727 and 2728.

As indicated, both of us already had the LCD-X but preferred the Ether C overall. And both of us ended up selling our LCD-X.

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #3,272 of 4,813
The Oppo PM3 is certainly a viable alternative but it will not give you the TOTL performance of the Ether C.  

Re LCD-X v. Ether C, this has been considered before in various places in this thread. Here's what I and another member said awhile back:-- see page 182 in this thread, posts 2727 and 2728.

As indicated, both of us already had the LCD-X but preferred the Ether C overall. And both of us ended up selling our LCD-X.

Thanks for your input.. This is definelty leaning me more towards the E-C.. Will be puling the trigger in May, maybe sooner lol

Mar 31, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #3,274 of 4,813
WooHoo! I just made what I think is a pretty cool t-shirt. I made it without any permission from the trademark holders, so they are not for sale. I used Zazzle with a promo code I got from the 'net (MAYZAZZLEFUN).

Mar 31, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #3,275 of 4,813
  WooHoo! I just made what I think is a pretty cool t-shirt. I made it without any permission from the trademark holders, so they are not for sale. I used Zazzle with a promo code I got from the 'net (MAYZAZZLEFUN).

Comic Sans? Really? I'm going to have to ask you cease and desist any use of our IP until this is changed to a more visually appealing font.
atsmile.gif

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #3,276 of 4,813
LOL. I actually discussed the font with a friend and we decided comic sans was actually appropriate here. Maybe I take input and come up with a 1.1 version of the shirt :)

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #3,277 of 4,813
CNet's Steve Guttenberg just did a nice write up of the C. http://www.cnet.com/au/news/take-it-to-the-limit-mrspeakers-ether-c-headphones/

The C earned Tthe adoration of Tyll Hertsens (InnerFidelity), too...quite a comment on Steve's article:

Yupper, Steve, I think this may be the best closed headphone I've ever heard. Audio Pros should take note: this is a great studio headphone. 

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #3,279 of 4,813

Oh snap! I put some good hours in to that Dino. Would have been nice for a "do you mind?" Working in the creative feild I have a strong aversion to people using work that they did not pay for, or ask permission. In reality it's now MrSpeakers property so...

That said, I understand you respect the copyright with MrSpeakers and can only say.....

That's looks awesome on a t-shirt!!

Mar 31, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #3,280 of 4,813
I will take an XXL. How much can I send you?????

Mean while back to the C.
What tuning pads are you 1.1 guys using for what type of music. Last night I started listining to female singers instead of EDM. After a while i removed the black tuning pad I was using and just went tuning padless and Sade, Diana Krall etc sounded fabulous.]

Mar 31, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #3,281 of 4,813

What tuning pads are you 1.1 guys using for what type of music. Last night I started listining to female singers instead of EDM. After a while i removed the black tuning pad I was using and just went tuning padless and Sade, Diana Krall etc sounded fabulous.]

Changing tuning pads is too much work. That is why I have different headphones for different music. Sometimes I use different headphones for different parts of the song!

Personally, I have some EQ presets I made in iTunes for different music and for different headphones. For example, sometimes I want just a tad more bass with the ESP950, so I have a setting for that. Using the T1 with the Oppo, I have a setting to turn down the treble a little. For the Ether, I listen flat with the iTunes EQ.

Mar 31, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #3,282 of 4,813

I'm using 1.1 with 2 black pads. Mostly acoustic, vocals, some blues and folk stuff, rock. I'd probably go one or zero for classical music.

Mar 31, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #3,283 of 4,813

Changing tuning pads is too much work. That is why I have different headphones for different music. Sometimes I use different headphones for different parts of the song!

Personally, I have some EQ presets I made in iTunes for different music and for different headphones. For example, sometimes I want just a tad more bass with the ESP950, so I have a setting for that. Using the T1 with the Oppo, I have a setting to turn down the treble a little. For the Ether, I listen flat with the iTunes EQ.

Pulling out some felt from the ear holes sounds way easier...

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #3,284 of 4,813
  The C earned Tthe adoration of Tyll Hertsens (InnerFidelity), too...quite a comment on Steve's article:

Yupper, Steve, I think this may be the best closed headphone I've ever heard. Audio Pros should take note: this is a great studio headphone. 

Is that his actual account though? Just trying to keep my hype bias low haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back