MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 5, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #2,251 of 2,891
Any updates on the upgrade front? :)

Jul 5, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #2,252 of 2,891
Looking to upgrade from a FiioE12 and Magni and Modi 2 Uber, to an iFi Micro DsD, & Emotiva Stealth DC1. Unfortunatly i have not been able to find good used deals on said items, being that Canada doesnt like to sell top dog stuff at a reasonable cost

Both up top, i might add, are very good

Jul 11, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #2,254 of 2,891
Upgrades are now available for Alpha Prime at http://mrspeakers.com/shop/1-headphones/upgrades/mad-dog-upgrades/upgrade-to-alpha-prime/

Please note that we're going to have to throttle how many upgrades we can process.  We want to ensure the upgrade queue doesn't exceed two weeks.  If we start to get backed up we'll turn orders off until we can ensure we're able to provide timely service.

Thanks for the patience!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jul 14, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #2,255 of 2,891
:D Sent mine in, excited!

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #2,257 of 2,891
I love mine so much and even with the new Ether-C flow I am not really tempted to upgrade- for me Primes has the signature i like and less than half the price of Ether flows. Not in hurry to upgrade

Jul 17, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #2,258 of 2,891
Can confirm that the new Micca Origen plus can power the Alpha Primes on high gain. Listen to them at 12o clock. Be it, is considered a downgrade in comparison to my Schiit Stack, but is a good combo unit for travel use, cheapness or super limited desk space

Jul 20, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #2,259 of 2,891
Hi--

Has anyone paired the Fiio X7 w/ the AM5 (high-powered amp module) with the Primes? 

Also, can anyone recommend a good portable dac/amp or just amp that can properly power these? I previously used the Chord Mojo with these, and thought the Primes sounded awesome. I wonder if they'll sound better with something with a little more juice.

Thanks in advance!

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #2,260 of 2,891
Dunno if anything portable has more juice than the Mojo but if something is out there let me know what it is!

Jul 20, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #2,262 of 2,891
Can confirm that the new Micca Origen plus can power the Alpha Primes on high gain. Listen to them at 12o clock. Be it, is considered a downgrade in comparison to my Schiit Stack, but is a good combo unit for travel use, cheapness or super limited desk space

Have you compared the Micca Origen to anything else in its price range?

Thanks!

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #2,264 of 2,891
Hi Everyone--

I picked up a pair of used Alpha Dogs (standard cable) and another to be upgraded. One came with the "standard" cable, which has cloth on the top half of the cable. Then I just received the DUM cable separately (as MrSpeakers doesn't want you sending your cables in the package), it looks identical. 

When I previously owned the Alpha Primes with the DUM cable, it was all cloth. The website shows the standard cable to be all rubber-coated.

So, do I have two DUM cables, or two standard cables? I also have a call out @mrspeakers for confirmation on this, I'm pretty sure their customer service is closed Sundays. 

Can anyone confirm? 

Thanks,
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back