MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Oct 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #3,586 of 9,071
  Do you charge on order or when you ship?

We are accepting payment at the time of order.  If our backlog gets longer we'll start a wait list, but we're working hard to avoid that and keep the back log reasonable...  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 30, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #3,588 of 9,071
Probably but not just yet.  There are great cheap adaptors from Grado and Sennheiser...  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 30, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #3,590 of 9,071

Hey, while I am awaiting shipping of my Alpha Dogs, I am going to take suggestions for sub-bass and bass impact test tracks, in other words, tracks that are particularly good for checking whether headphones can produce sub-bass and/or good bass impact.

Most of my aforementioned acoustic instrument tracks have excellent bass quality and sometimes quantity, but rarely go below 60hz and never below 40hz.

So what tracks do you like to use ?

Bjork - Virus. I'll link you to number of tracks on soundcloud when I'm on a computer tomorrow.

I have that track... it seems a good test track, since it seems relatively unprocessed, and I'm very familiar with Bjork's voice by now.  I'll add it to my Test playlist.

Oct 31, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #3,595 of 9,071
I can't believe these use the same driver. They sound really different! The Alpha Dog definitely has a more refined sound overall next to the Mad Dog 3.2. :-o

^ part of my playlist

I just realised the Alpha Dog doesn't have cables running from the earcup to the headband, which the Mad Dog has. The headphone looks a lot cleaner without that external cable.

As for the pads, the Alpha Dog's pads feel a lot squishier to me while being deeper as well.

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #3,597 of 9,071
Having listened to a pair of these at the recent London Head Fi meet up, must say I also liked the finish of the cups, as well as the great sound coming out of these Alpha Dog phones. They are certainly on my radar to buy in the future...:wink:

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #3,598 of 9,071
It's the best headphones to use outside.
It was popular in headphone festival of Japan.
I am going to buy this.
dt880smile.png

Oct 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #3,600 of 9,071
  It's the best headphones to use outside.
It was popular in headphone festival of Japan.
I am going to buy this.
dt880smile.png

What do you mean by "best headphones to use outside"? I am going to use them for a mobile rig, but I could not see using them on the move. One chip of paint and I would be wanting to replace them ^_^

I interpret as the best sounding headphone, certainly not ideal for a morning run.  For me, a mobile rig can simply mean being able to roam around my house or enjoy headphone listening in any room and not chained to a desktop rig.  As a portable audiophile, I still consider the Ultrasone Signature DJ the best closed portable available for EDM and pop, but when I want to enjoy vocals, acoustic guitar, etc. the Alpha Dog is about as good as it gets in the closed portable category and is as good as it gets for $600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back