MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Aug 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #391 of 9,071
Things been a little hairy, last 3-4 days.at work..been out of da loop
Definetly getting the upgrade ,dont really care about the color--just dont want a screamiing mutt growling at me ,when I'm having my morning coffee--red wine color is fine with me

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #392 of 9,071
Quote:
MIKE....i see "ALPHADOGs" in your tagline 
u came out  30pages late, and stormed AHEAD...!!!
beerchug.gif

=========

i kinda like the unfinished offwhitecolor,  gonna take sandpaper n .........
tongue_smile.gif

Been out of the loop for a few days..things getting crazy at work

Definitely getting the upgrade--don't care about the color..don't want any more angry mutts barking at me,when I have my morning coffee---red wine color is perfect for me..but I'm sure later on,there will be a few more color options

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #393 of 9,071
Quote:
All you guys realize that if the AD had been offered in all black there would probably be a plethora of posts from people complaining black was to gaudy or to boring. Seriously guys, Dan has posted what the color scheme is going to be and why he can't do multiple colors. I also doubt he's going to change his mind because he probably has already invested a sizable amount of bones into getting the AD's manufactured as is and I'm guessing production will soon be started if it hasn't already. He can't just walk out onto the floor and say stop the machines we're adding 2, 5, 10 or 50 new colors because people on head-fi demand it. Let everything sit until we can figure out how to retool production. Judging by all the activity on here I wouldn't be surprised if the orders he's received has been sizable and he's probably got enough problems double checking to make sure he can keep up. I doubt he's going to complicate things even further by trying to figure out how to accommodate a big mass of customer color orders from head-fiers. It comes down to this, do you guys want the AD for 599 or do you guys want the same AD headphone with color choices for 100, 150, or 200 bones more? That's what it comes down too. When you complicate the manufacturing process costs go up and in the end the consumer pays more. Personally, I say I'll take the color being offered and use the money I save towards another audio purchase. Whatever happened to all the head-fiers on these boards who would comment they didn't care what it looked like as long as it sounded fantastic?

Just my 2 cents.

@\MrSpeakers

Would you mind commenting on what audio gear you've been listening to the AD on and what would be a good rule of thumb involving how to avoid bad synergy, impedance mismatch etc etc please? I'm curious on your personal impressions concerning what gear you find will really make these headphones shine and considering a lot of the younger crowd makes up your customer base I think a little advice from you involving gear would be warranted and helpful.

Thanks
DF

+1000

the color is decided already. move on please.

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #394 of 9,071
Quote:
RANT - Loved it by the way.

Just my 2 cents.

@\MrSpeakers

Would you mind commenting on what audio gear you've been listening to the AD on and what would be a good rule of thumb involving how to avoid bad synergy, impedance mismatch etc etc please? I'm curious on your personal impressions concerning what gear you find will really make these headphones shine and considering a lot of the younger crowd makes up your customer base I think a little advice from you involving gear would be warranted and helpful.

Thanks
DF

I would like to know this as well. As I am looking at amps/dacs to upgrade my E9/E17 combo. I thought I saw a Bifrost and Lyr in one pic earlier in the thread. 

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #395 of 9,071
Quote:
All you guys realize that if the AD had been offered in all black there would probably be a plethora of posts from people complaining black was to gaudy or to boring. Seriously guys, Dan has posted what the color scheme is going to be and why he can't do multiple colors. I also doubt he's going to change his mind because he probably has already invested a sizable amount of bones into getting the AD's manufactured as is and I'm guessing production will soon be started if it hasn't already. He can't just walk out onto the floor and say stop the machines we're adding 2, 5, 10 or 50 new colors because people on head-fi demand it. Let everything sit until we can figure out how to retool production. Judging by all the activity on here I wouldn't be surprised if the orders he's received has been sizable and he's probably got enough problems double checking to make sure he can keep up. I doubt he's going to complicate things even further by trying to figure out how to accommodate a big mass of customer color orders from head-fiers. It comes down to this, do you guys want the AD for 599 or do you guys want the same AD headphone with color choices for 100, 150, or 200 bones more? That's what it comes down too. When you complicate the manufacturing process costs go up and in the end the consumer pays more. Personally, I say I'll take the color being offered and use the money I save towards another audio purchase. Whatever happened to all the head-fiers on these boards who would comment they didn't care what it looked like as long as it sounded fantastic?

Just my 2 cents.

@\MrSpeakers

Thanks
DF

The color is not the problem. I'm not paying $600 for a headphone with a cheap Econo Spray paintjob... I don't care how awesome it sounds. Keep the cups white if the cost is going to be too much for a plain or matte black finish.

Just my two cents... which is worth $37 and change...
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #396 of 9,071
Quote:

The color is not the problem. I'm not paying $600 for a headphone with a cheap Econo Spray paintjob... I don't care how awesome it sounds.

biggrin.gif

Fair enough, you're not buying it then, cool. Lets move along.

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #397 of 9,071
Quote:

The color is not the problem. I'm not paying $600 for a headphone with a cheap Econo Spray paintjob... I don't care how awesome it sounds. Keep the cups white if the cost is going to be too much for a plain or matte black finish.

biggrin.gif

i'll get it anyway sometime in the future but dont judge it's color job just yet. it was rushed to get a picture out, so wait for the final product to decide.

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #399 of 9,071
Quote:

i'll get it anyway sometime in the future but dont judge it's color job just yet. it was rushed to get a picture out, so wait for the final product to decide.

I'm not rushing it, my friend. It will be a while until I upgrade my MDs, anyway...

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #400 of 9,071
wink.gif

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #401 of 9,071
  " I say I'll take the color being offered and use the money I save towards another audio purchase"

Exactly,or better yet..buy some music..isn't that whats this hobby about...music

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #403 of 9,071
Quote:
  " I say I'll take the color being offered and use the money I save towards another audio purchase"

Exactly,or better yet..buy some music..isn't that whats this hobby about...music

Look, the color is not really the problem... it's the uneven finish that I have a major gripe with.

But yea, I know, it's not the final product. We will see...

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #404 of 9,071
Quote:
Audiophiles aren't ultimately into the music.  They're hi-fi enthusiasts, so it's a gear-driven hobby.

How somebody defines being an audiophile is ultimately up to them alone. Just because the hobby rotates around gear doesn't mean that many (if not most) of us hobbyists are ultimately in it for the enjoyment of the music. Heck, if we were all going for ultimate resolution and accuracy we wouldn't have products like the LCD-2, and most of the tube-amp market would be gone in an instant.

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #405 of 9,071
To those curious about Dan's amping, I know he's used a Mjolnir and PB2 for the balanced testing and has had a Bifrost/Lyr stack and a Conductor in the past.  I'm also fairly confident that he's not limited his testing to just one or two amps.
I was just thinging the same thing,but with my Taboo.

Any beta testers tried it with a tube amp??
Anyone,...??

Tried them with the Taboo and Liquid Glass.  The Taboo definitely has plenty of juice for them, and the LG is just sublime
I'm curious. Who's keeping their Mad Dog and still getting the Alpha Dog? 

I've got a 3.0 and one of the 3.2 prototypes.  These are going to make a liar out of me since I always maintained that I'd always own two Mad Dogs.  I'll still have two of Dan's product though.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back