MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Jan 11, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #5,041 of 9,071
The Senn 1/4 to 1/8 adapter works great. I'm in the camp that doesn't believe an adapter is going to make more than 1-2% difference in sound... if that.

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #5,042 of 9,071
Oh, crud.  I missed the postman.  Website says they left a redelivery slip.  No slip, no knock on the door.  Just a note in the tracking site that says "business closed."  Pretty sure they didn't even stop, as I had carrier instructions taped to both doors...

Oh well, I'll get them Monday.

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #5,043 of 9,071
^^ I've had that happen before with UPS. They had a package due to me by 7pm. At 6:50 they signed delivered and then delivered it a couple hours later. 
mad.gif
 This Christmas they broke my BH amp. 
angry_face.gif

Jan 11, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #5,044 of 9,071
  Oh, crud.  I missed the postman.  Website says they left a redelivery slip.  No slip, no knock on the door.  Just a note in the tracking site that says "business closed."  Pretty sure they didn't even stop, as I had carrier instructions taped to both doors...

I bet the football game that's about to start had something to do with it.

Jan 11, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #5,045 of 9,071

I had a exact same expertise too.  
mad.gif

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #5,047 of 9,071
Hey Dan,
How's the landing page for the upgrade program coming along? Can't wait to get that email in my inbox saying that I'm eligible. :popcorn:

Sorry, I'm a couple of days late our landing page isn't quite done. Soon!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 13, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #5,053 of 9,071
Sorry to revive something on this thread that has probably already been discussed extensively, but what amps have been found to work particularly well with the ADs? I think I should be receiving mine within the next few weeks. Right now I'm using an ifi iCAN which has worked well with my 300ohm Sennheiser 580s, but I understand planars are different kind of hard to drive. The ifi reportedly works well with the Audeze LCD-2s which are similar efficiency and a little higher impedance than the ADs. Has anyone tried the ADs with an iCAN? Can anyone comment on how the ADs compare to the LCD-2's as a load on an amp? 

Jan 13, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #5,054 of 9,071
  Sorry to revive something on this thread that has probably already been discussed extensively, but what amps have been found to work particularly well with the ADs? I think I should be receiving mine within the next few weeks. Right now I'm using an ifi iCAN which has worked well with my 300ohm Sennheiser 580s, but I understand planars are different kind of hard to drive. The ifi reportedly works well with the Audeze LCD-2s which are similar efficiency and a little higher impedance than the ADs. Has anyone tried the ADs with an iCAN? Can anyone comment on how the ADs compare to the LCD-2's as a load on an amp? 

DigitalFreak had the AD's and the iCAN. I think he said it pairs just fine. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back