MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Jan 6, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #4,936 of 9,071
You know you're an audiophile when you read that as: "Got the audition pair tonight just in time to watch the Noise Canceling game on mute."

Me upon reading that: so noise canceling headphones without any background noise is the new "in" thing now, huh?

I watch sports all the time with the mute on and tunes cranking.  Hate to listen to the idiot announcers and color men ramble on about crap.......................

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #4,937 of 9,071
  So... How are you liking them?!

:p

Like them a lot.  Gotta head upstairs to the Spec system and put them through their paces (ie thump the bass a bit). 

Mids on these are sweet................as are the highs.  Comfort unreal.................yeah, they're keepers. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #4,943 of 9,071
  "If it don't fit, don't force it"

That's what she said
very_evil_smiley.gif

(sorry I had to. It was too tempting. ROFL)

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #4,944 of 9,071
  Ok, once I get my 6 inch 3.5mm cable wednesday, I am all setup for the AD's :). I do leatherwork as a hobby, so made this today.

Beautiful leather work!  
beerchug.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #4,946 of 9,071
  That's what she said
very_evil_smiley.gif

(sorry I had to. It was too tempting. ROFL)

I only get to hear that only once in the 20 years  knowing my wife.  Let's just say "...." never came up again.  
size]

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #4,948 of 9,071
Search for AKG K701 case on eBay. It might be the right case. I've bought a few of them -- one for former K701s, another for AKG K240 Sextett, and another for my Smeggy Thunderpants.

Here's an example...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Brand-New-High-Quality-Headphone-Hard-black-Case-For-AKG-K-701-702-K701-K702-/130883905084?pt=US_Rack_Cases_Hard_Cases_Bags&hash=item1e7949e63c

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #4,949 of 9,071
Dan,  Are you still expecting to have 6 week turnaround in production?  I should expect mine about or after Valentine's Day?

I'm curious about the tuning process--the Very Bass screw in particular.  I'm assuming that this is something that's benchmarked, but it seems like it wouldn't be automated.  Do you have to tune each and every cup by hand/ear?  Sounds like a daunting process!

If you don't mind telling the story, how did you come up with the design?  I'd guess a great deal of trial and error went into the process, but you had to have some specific goals in mind.  Can you give some insight into how you went about designing the cup to meet your goals?  

It must be rewarding to see how warmly your efforts are being received.  I'm certainly excited about getting mine!

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #4,950 of 9,071
  Dan,  Are you still expecting to have 6 week turnaround in production?  I should expect mine about or after Valentine's Day?

I'm curious about the tuning process--the Very Bass screw in particular.  I'm assuming that this is something that's benchmarked, but it seems like it wouldn't be automated.  Do you have to tune each and every cup by hand/ear?  Sounds like a daunting process!

If you don't mind telling the story, how did you come up with the design?  I'd guess a great deal of trial and error went into the process, but you had to have some specific goals in mind.  Can you give some insight into how you went about designing the cup to meet your goals?  

It must be rewarding to see how warmly your efforts are being received.  I'm certainly excited about getting mine!

I am not Dan, but I will tell you what I know just my following this thread.

The process is not automated. Every pair of headphones are hand tuned by Dan himself. He is currently looking for a more efficient solution that will not degrade quality.

While the end user can adjust the base screw, it's really there for Dan to tune the headphone to spec. 

No clue how far behind he is, but he is on Nov 16 now. If his production efficiency has not been improved, this should give you a good rough estimate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back