MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Sep 20, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #7,981 of 9,071
sonicsatori

[COLOR=222222]Il y a 2 jours[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]#AlphaDogPrime continues to dazzle as more time passes. Esoecislly w/ Glove Audio A1 by #centrance + [COLOR=3F729B]@doublehelixcables[/COLOR]! #mrspeakers has entered a new class of headphone w/ the Prime! IMO. FAR more air & dynamic contrasts than the original Alpha - more dimensionality. Wonderful. [/COLOR]

sonicsatori

[COLOR=222222]Il y a 2 jours[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]#mrspeakers Alpha Dog Prime! Soon-to-be-released. This presents a new level of sonic integrity, engagement, and fluidity from the original Alphas. The low end ebbs and ripples, but it's controlled. The mids are coherent and silky. The highs wide-open! #shackleton #boardsofcanda #recondite and #catpower ROCK on these! [/COLOR]

http://instagram.com/sonicsatori

Hmmm looks like I know where my money is going next. This damned hobby keeps my walled empty.

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #7,982 of 9,071

No disrespect, I was not reflecting on build quality/failure rate, but there are higher quality OCC Copper Litz cables that can up the performance.  The solder joint can affect/degrade the sound!

I truthfully doubt anyone of us here can hear a loss of quality with one solder point.  Keep in mind that the AD itself has four solder points without the Y split.  Driver to cup connector has two points, connector to TRS is another two points.  Then factor in the numerous solder point inside your amp starting from the output device to the board, traces, wires, pots then the headphone plug. There are also the multiple connectors to go through.  Not putting down your comment but one solder point on Dan's cable means nothing.  It is still a fine quality cable for the money.  My dislike of Dan's cable comes from the weight and stiffness not the sound.  

I once tried to get as close the output device of my amp with my HE-6.  Hard wired the driver to leg of transistor with one of ALO's huge OCC copper cable.  Big hassle little noticeable improvement.

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #7,983 of 9,071

No disrespect, I was not reflecting on build quality/failure rate, but there are higher quality OCC Copper Litz cables that can up the performance.  The solder joint can affect/degrade the sound!

I truthfully doubt anyone of us here can hear a loss of quality with one solder point.  Keep in mind that the AD itself has four solder points without the Y split.  Driver to cup connector has two points, connector to TRS is another two points.  Then factor in the numerous solder point inside your amp starting from the output device to the board, traces, wires, pots then the headphone plug. There are also the multiple connectors to go through.  Not putting down your comment but one solder point on Dan's cable means nothing.  It is still a fine quality cable for the money.  My dislike of Dan's cable comes from the weight and stiffness not the sound.  

I once tried to get as close the output device of my amp with my HE-6.  Hard wired the driver to leg of transistor with one of ALO's huge OCC copper cable.  Big hassle little noticeable improvement.

None of ALO's wire is OCC, I suggest DHC wire which is high quality OCC Type 4 Litz.  There are no other headphones have a cable with solder joints that I know of....probably looks worse than it actually is.  I read a post that Dan has heard his Alpha Dogs with the Nordost cable, so he must know there are options.  Don't care to discuss any further, it is what it is.

Sep 20, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #7,986 of 9,071

The Alpha Dogs with the Molecule Extreme cable is like having the LCD 3 Fazor at half the price!

What about the LCD 3 Fazor with the Molecule Extreme cable?
wink.gif
   the Audeze stock cable is worse than the AD's, IMO. 

Sep 20, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #7,987 of 9,071

The Alpha Dogs with the Molecule Extreme cable is like having the LCD 3 Fazor at half the price!

What about the LCD 3 Fazor with the Molecule Extreme cable?
wink.gif
   the Audeze stock cable is worse than the AD's, IMO. 

The Doublehelixcables Molecule Extreme will give the LCD 3 Fazor a real lifelike wakeup call, realism from a headphone at it's best.  I am selling a lot of my other cables because the Molecule Extreme brings cable sound quality to an apex!  I haven't even listened to the stock cable!

Sep 21, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #7,989 of 9,071
I'm listening to Aphex Twin's new album "Syro" in FLAC and I am floored. The Alpha Dogs are the champs!! :]

Sep 22, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #7,995 of 9,071
I hope Mrspeakers will soon communicate about the AD Prime (real or not ?) :)

If he is smart, he will only talk about the possible alpha dog prime, once it goes for sale on his website. And if the rumours be true then fantastic, I will gladly send my cans in to be upgraded. If the rumours are false, I will save my money up for a better dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back