MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Sep 18, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #7,953 of 9,071
I misunderstood Tony and thought he wanted pictures of the cable we were discussing, and I had too take some for the Nashville Meet, so there they are. Both the Alpha Dog and Norne Vanquish are lovely though, no? m
wink_face.gif

Sep 18, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #7,954 of 9,071
I misunderstood Tony and thought he wanted pictures of the cable we were discussing, and I had too take some for the Nashville Meet, so there they are. Both the Alpha Dog and Norne Vanquish are lovely though, no? m:wink_face:

It's a nice cable. I contacted the people (or the person) at Norne with some questions and am awaiting their/his reply. I'm thinking either the Vanquish or the Blue Dragon. But yes both headphone and cable are very nice.

I tried the HE-560 and sent them back. Give me the AD over them any day.

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #7,956 of 9,071
Sep 19, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #7,958 of 9,071
I won't post Mike Mercer's photos here due to copyright and respect, but here's the link to his Instagram:
http://instagram.com/sonicsatori
Photos there. I didn't see any changes in AD exterior.

It looks like he was calling the Alpha Dog "Prime" due to his cable upgrade and perceived improvements. So glad to hear people are finding out the true potential of the AD. I am not alone :]

EDIT: Actually I am wrong. It looks like it does say Alpha Dog Prime. :O what could be the difference of an already outstanding headphone? Is it just an Alpha Dog with more "tweaks" like the dots.

erm **cough** hopefully someone didn't drop the ball too soon **cough cough**

Sep 19, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #7,959 of 9,071
Sep 19, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #7,961 of 9,071
How long does one burn in the cable?

Long enough that it sounds better, but not too long where it starts sounding worse... :wink:

So about 10 hours x 100 + 78 / 36. That of course is the recommended time to ensure the rainbow-unicorn electron slushy of euphoria reaches candy mountain.

Seriously though, there is no number. A couple hours is fine. I've never noticed a change in any cable that I've made or purchased, but I have on headphones.I do usually throw 5 or so hours on the cables I make before shipping to others.

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #7,962 of 9,071
^ Trevor, the manufacturer requested that I burn this cable, Vanquish, versus Draug and Skoll, particularly needed some burn in prior too the Meet. For details, I recommend you PM him on the Norne Thread. He is very responsive and helpful, and yes the sound did improve with several hours of burn in.

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #7,963 of 9,071
I won't post Mike Mercer's photos here due to copyright and respect, but here's the link to his Instagram:
http://instagram.com/sonicsatori
Photos there. I didn't see any changes in AD exterior.

Perhaps the alpha prime is a can in which the inner surface of the cup is slightly altered.. Those 3d printers are capable of creating complex lattice structures that could effect the sound of the Alpha Dog. I hope the alpha dog prime, if true, is revealed soon, perhaps at CanJam. Oh how I wish I could go to that event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back