MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Sep 18, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #7,936 of 9,071
  Just received a Norne Audio Vanquish Cable for my Alpha Dogs, what a revelation!!! From Bernstein to the Wailing Jennys, what great headphones these are, with the Vanquish, the soundstage opens up, wide and deep. Rich tone, deep bass, smooth highs, these really are fantastic headphones, not for closed cans, great headphones...period!!! 

Are they massively better than the std AD cables they will cost me around 350 to 400 bucks (12 feet) 

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #7,937 of 9,071
They are much better, tone, bass, soundstage, imaging, tame the high end (removed all dog treats). My cables have a 4 pin XLR connector, and a SE adapter so my amp choices are wide open, end the end though that kind off investment is up to you, I will be demoing them at the Nashville Meet this weekend, I don't know where you love, but is there anyway to listen yourself?

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #7,938 of 9,071
They are much better, tone, bass, soundstage, imaging, tame the high end (removed all dog treats). My cables have a 4 pin XLR connector, and a SE adapter so my amp choices are wide open, end the end though that kind off investment is up to you, I will be demoing them at the Nashville Meet this weekend, I don't know where you love, but is there anyway to listen yourself?

You must have some very good gear if it allows you to notice all that in a cable :)

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #7,939 of 9,071
You must have some very good gear if it allows you to notice all that in a cable :)

Or lots of experience evaluating high end audio gear :blush:.

Sep 18, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #7,942 of 9,071
Nothing special, Bifrost USB2>Lyr 2 (Volkhod Silver Shields)>Cardas Quadlink IC's>PYST USB Cable>Final Power Chords>Norne Vanquish HP Cable>Alpha Dogs.

Cables don't always sound better, they need to be well designed and executed, and possibly may improve SQ. Norne and Toxic Cables (these are 2 HP Cables I have experience with) do meet the design, implementation and improved SQ, when the type is matched to the correct headphone.

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #7,943 of 9,071
Nothing special, Bifrost USB2>Lyr 2 (Volkhod Silver Shields)>Cardas Quadlink IC's>PYST USB Cable>Final Power Chords>Norne Vanquish HP Cable>Alpha Dogs.

Cables don't always sound better, they need to be well designed and executed, and possibly may improve SQ. Norne and Toxic Cables (these are 2 HP Cables I have experience with) do meet the design, implementation and improved SQ, when the type is matched to the correct headphone.

I would highly recommend the cable as a complimentary addition to the Alpha Dog. My initial impressions right away were improved soundstage, treble clarity, and faster/tighter bass. It retains a neutral sound that is tonally balanced and sibilance free. That is my takeaway after adjusting to the stock cable for weeks. Glad to hear your impressions were pretty much the same as mine(my ears are good still).

Another cable I have heard many good things about is the brand new Double Helix Molecule Extreme which is an astonishing 18AWG per wire and comes in pure OCC copper. I hope I get the chance to demo this cable sometime in person in the near future

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #7,945 of 9,071
I am really curious about photos emerging in my Instagram feed.
Does anyone has heard any rumors on Alpha Dog Prime headphone upcoming?

Hmmm it would be great but tragic for my wallet.

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #7,946 of 9,071
Just received a Norne Audio Vanquish Cable for my Alpha Dogs, what a revelation!!! From Bernstein to the Wailing Jennys, what great headphones these are, with the Vanquish, the soundstage opens up, wide and deep. Rich tone, deep bass, smooth highs, these really are fantastic headphones, not for closed cans, great headphones...period!!! 

Man your description of the Norne Vanquish cable makes the audiophile beast in me scream in desire. Putting foolish notions into the mind of a fool should be crime lol. Kidney for sale, kidney for sales lol. Have a good one listening to great tunes, with your awesomely leashed Alpha Dogs.

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #7,947 of 9,071
Man your description of the Norne Vanquish cable makes the audiophile beast in me scream in desire. Putting foolish notions into the mind of a fool should be crime lol. Kidney for sale, kidney for sales lol. Have a good one listening to great tunes, with your awesomely leashed Alpha Dogs.

They are burning in nicely, try to get some work done and the music keeps drawing me back in! Sometimes I forget that I am not wearing the 560's, the soundstage improvement is immense.

Sep 18, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #7,949 of 9,071
Tony, 

Sure, just remember, a Photographer, I am not! Though what it's worth, here they are:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back