MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Apr 23, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #6,721 of 9,071
Our new painter is kicking ass and our production is really accelerating.  As of tomorrow we will have shipped through March 25.  

By Tuesday of next week we will have shipped all upgrades in house, and I expect we'll be into April orders and back at our quoted backlog of 3-4 weeks.  Our goal is to get to close to having stock on the Alpha Dogs within the next few weeks.  Thanks to everyone for your patience while we dug out of the Matte Black delays.  

All Alphas in house for upgrade will ship by Tuesday, at which point we will resume sending out upgrade notices.   

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 23, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #6,722 of 9,071
I received notification my Lyr is available for pickup this evening at the FedEx site. Now my gear upgrade will be complete. The ADs already sound fantastic out of my receiver headphone out but the Lyr is taking it to a whole new level.

Very excited for a late night music session. I'll post impressions for those interested. From what people have said the pairing is quite good between the AD and the Lyr.

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #6,726 of 9,071
Our new painter is kicking ass and our production is really accelerating.  As of tomorrow we will have shipped through March 25.  

By Tuesday of next week we will have shipped all upgrades in house, and I expect we'll be into April orders and back at our quoted backlog of 3-4 weeks.  Our goal is to get to close to having stock on the Alpha Dogs within the next few weeks.  Thanks to everyone for your patience while we dug out of the Matte Black delays.  

All Alphas in house for upgrade will ship by Tuesday, at which point we will resume sending out upgrade notices.   

How much of a delay for the upgrade option? Been a while since I put my name for that.

Look forward to meeting you at AXPINA!

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #6,727 of 9,071
How much of a delay for the upgrade option? Been a while since I put my name for that.

Look forward to meeting you at AXPINA!

We totally halted that as we had too many on hand and were taking too long.  We will send more notices out next week.  I'm not trying to estimate the queue, that's essentially impossible right now...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 23, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #6,728 of 9,071
Wow fantastic news!! I'm so excited to hear this I may be getting my black Alpha Dogs before finals week 
smily_headphones1.gif

My finals start May 12th so I am hoping I will have them before to make my studies a little bit easier with noisy roommates : ]

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #6,730 of 9,071
Woke up this morning to a very pleasing email from MrSpeakers (Mine was March 24th)

Now both my Lyr and my ADs are in transit.. it's going to be a good week next week!
L3000.gif

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #6,734 of 9,071
There are a lot of amps that do fine with the ADs... IMO they don't take much to drive. On the DIY side of things you can pretty much find these items on the FS forums all the time. I'm using a Gamma-2 DAC with CTH Amp or O2 amp. Both do great with the ADs. I think you can find a Gamma-2 for $250-350. A CTH comes up every now and then for $200-300. An O2 can be had for much less. I just built a PPA that fits in a Tin Mint can and it drove the ADs with authority. The full sized PPA can be had on the FS forums as well. There are a bunch of CKKIIIs FS as well. Great amp that can handle most headphones. They're like $250 a pop. The point is you don't have to spend $1000 for great sound. The only headphones that need a ton of juice or voltage swing are phones like the K1000 or HE-6. Aside from that it doesn't take much to drive ADs to ear bleeding levels.

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #6,735 of 9,071

Nice!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back