MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Dec 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #4,531 of 9,071
Why is it that kstuart is always in an argument here? I don't even know what the last few pages were about...I just came here and there's an argument again. -_-

Totally agree with the common denominator mentioned. These folks who like to argue & talk over each other should either take it to private message or shut the hell up. Where is the moderator ? A sacrificial lamb needs to be slaughtered here to get things back in order.

Back on topic ... The more I listen, the more I'm loving my Alpha Dogs! A superb closed headphone with a very neutral sound personality. I use a Lyr head amp with Amperex Orange Globes to warm it up just a pinch.

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #4,532 of 9,071
Sorry, I guess I did not get the memo that "no calm rational discussion is allowed in this discussion Forum".

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #4,534 of 9,071
FYI, we just sent out a newsletter.  Alpha owners may want to take a look...

beerchug.gif

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #4,535 of 9,071
Dec 16, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #4,536 of 9,071
The warranty extension and tune up are for orders (not shipments) made before the end of this year.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #4,537 of 9,071
The warranty extension and tune up are for orders (not shipments) made before the end of this year.

Nice, mine should be covered then. Thanks Dan!

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #4,538 of 9,071
I went to check on my order status this afternoon on mrspeakers.com, to confirm my purchase date and see if there is any indicia whether my AD's might ship before the holidays.  Under the status column, it says "complete."  Is this what is supposed to display for an AD order that has not yet shipped or been fulfilled?

Also, Dan, just FYI, it looks like the date added field on the order status page is displaying day/month/year instead of month/day/year, which could cause some confusion if left as is.    

[Edit: after clicking submit, I just saw the posts and email about the warranty and tune up offer.  That's awesome - thank you!]

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #4,539 of 9,071
Complete indicates payment and order complete.  Our system does not have a closed-loop process to link shipping (which is done via our payment gateway) back to the database.

I incorrectly stated the other day we were up to Oct 30, we missed a few from around the 25-27 which went out today, so as of today we're mostly shipped up to 10/30.  We will be working overtime all week to ship as many as we can but our painter delivered 50 right cups and no left so we lost four days of production.   

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #4,541 of 9,071
The more I listen, the more I'm loving my Alpha Dogs! 

You are the second person who has said this in the last few pages.

What about it made you love them less when you first heard them? What's gotten better?

I do find that that first impressions tend to be lasting ones, but re: audiophile equipment, it is not always the case ... Psychologically, you can either WANT to love equipment because you paid a lot of clams for it, or get too caught up by hype & then be disappointed at first blush. It often takes time to sort these things out better.

Equipment with neutral sound characteristics tends to not be as sexy 'cause you don't appear to have that fuller bass that you are so accustomed too. Over time & with extended listening, you realize that the Alpha Dogs have excellent bass that digs deep with uber inner detail, & you don't miss that overly jacked-up bass. You appreciate hearing MORE of the music.

I have found this to be true with better designed loudspeakers as well, or when you apply acoustical room treatments. It comes back to a flatter frequency response. Things sound cleaner, less muddled; but your brain needs some time to adjust to this "different" sound you are hearing.

Also, you need time with equipment to truly appreciate (or not) listening to different musical genres.

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #4,542 of 9,071
I do find that that first impressions tend to be lasting ones, but re: audiophile equipment, it is not always the case ... Psychologically, you can either WANT to love equipment because you paid a lot of clams for it, or get too caught up by hype & then be disappointed at first blush. It often takes time to sort these things out better.

Equipment with neutral sound characteristics tends to not be as sexy 'cause you don't appear to have that fuller bass that you are so accustomed too. Over time & with extended listening, you realize that the Alpha Dogs have excellent bass that digs deep with uber inner detail, & you don't miss that overly jacked-up bass. You appreciate hearing MORE of the music.

I have found this to be true with better designed loudspeakers as well, or when you apply acoustical room treatments. It comes back to a flatter frequency response. Things sound cleaner, less muddled; but your brain needs some time to adjust to this "different" sound you are hearing.

Also, you need time with equipment to truly appreciate (or not) listening to different musical genres.

Awesome. Thanks for the explanation :) Excited to get mine in a month or so.

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #4,543 of 9,071
  Complete indicates payment and order complete.  Our system does not have a closed-loop process to link shipping (which is done via our payment gateway) back to the database.

I incorrectly stated the other day we were up to Oct 30, we missed a few from around the 25-27 which went out today, so as of today we're mostly shipped up to 10/30.  We will be working overtime all week to ship as many as we can but our painter delivered 50 right cups and no left so we lost four days of production.   

Thank you for the info and the fast response!  

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #4,544 of 9,071

Also, Dan, just FYI, it looks like the date added field on the order status page is displaying day/month/year instead of month/day/year, which could cause some confusion if left as is.    

Dan, look here in your OpenCart stuff for the date format

/admin/language/english/english.php
/catalog/language/english/english.php

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #4,545 of 9,071

Dan, look here in your OpenCart stuff for the date format

/admin/language/english/english.php
/catalog/language/english/english.php

Thanks Jeremy.  We'd changed them but it didn't take.  We've recently updated, so try, try again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back