MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Sep 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #1,861 of 9,071
Apparently it's 3.2. I always say 3.141592 since I'm not actually sure. XD
Are the Dog Pads the same as the Shure pads? o.0

I like Lenny White, Jamey Haddad, Mark Sherman's Explorations in Space and Time album.

WOW! The music sounds like it's coming from waaay outside my Mad dogs. I haven't listened to Lenny White since Twennynine's "Peanut Butter." This is a huge departure from that! This may be the first album I listen to when I get my Alphas.

Sep 21, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #1,862 of 9,071
  Making his own drivers might be too much of a stretch, but never say never. I'd like to see his own headband and maybe a small logo indicating that the drivers are by Fostex (sort of like the 'Intel inside' logo). He may be able to improve on the comfort if he decides to make his own headband (I'm sure that would have to be the case for him to go through the trouble - he strikes me as a utilitarian sort of person). Whatever the case may be, it sure is fun watching the new stuff come out in drips and drabs, and of course the reactions.

I must admit that I don't know what it takes to manufacture drivers. But that is a good Idea.. specially the intel inside-like logo part.

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #1,863 of 9,071
Okay, no one else gets it ?

560041.png

So, "Alpha and Omega" .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_and_Omega

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #1,864 of 9,071
  Okay, no one else gets it ?

560041.png

So, "Alpha and Omega" .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_and_Omega

WHERE DO I GET ONE OF THESE????
Are they coming with the Alpha's??

Apparently it's 3.2. I always say 3.141592 since I'm not actually sure. XD
Are the Dog Pads the same as the Shure pads? o.0

I like Lenny White, Jamey Haddad, Mark Sherman's Explorations in Space and Time album.

WOW! The music sounds like it's coming from waaay outside my Mad dogs. I haven't listened to Lenny White since Twennynine's "Peanut Butter." This is a huge departure from that! This may be the first album I listen to when I get my Alphas.

KILLER reco guys!
Thanks for this!

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #1,867 of 9,071
  ...it's not a novel concept/shape for a headphones stand...

And for ease of manufacturing, I think it would be easier to use a single sheet of steel instead of multiple parts like in other headphone stands' shapes.

I know lol, I was facepalming all the way reading some posts here. 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #1,868 of 9,071

I didn't say it was a new idea (I knew all about those 99% profit margin stands, lol), I am just pointing out the "pun"...

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #1,869 of 9,071
  Whats the latest version of the Mad Dogs? And are the a big improvement over the Mad Dogs with Dog Pads?

BTW, Mad Dog discussion thread is:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/666284/mrspeakers-mad-dog-impressions-and-discussion-thread/1710

Sep 21, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #1,870 of 9,071

And for ease of manufacturing, I think it would be easier to use a single sheet of steel instead of multiple parts like in other headphone stands' shapes.

That looks like one piece, bent on a press brake.

Thanks for pointing this out to me. I manage a sheet metal facility.......and we powder coat. May try a different design for my other headphones. Dan did good on this and the anodized arms, I think the Alpha will look amazing........

Sep 21, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #1,871 of 9,071
I cant wait to send in my MD for the upgrade. Going to do a full review comparing the AD with a magni, sx650 and through the speaker taps on the 650. Give people an idea about power and scalability. Really excited to see what they can do through the taps. Jump from magni to 650 is noticeable and the magni hits a wall as far as power goes. Once i get past 1oclock on it the MDs dont really get much louder.

Sep 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #1,872 of 9,071
Came here with 100 new posts marked on my subscriptions thinking that he suddenly announced he was shipping early or something.

Nope, we're all flipping out over the headphone stand. Nice work, by the way, Dan!

Sep 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #1,874 of 9,071
oh wow 6 weeks... and then I have to wait for the regular orders to go out before I can send the one I have in for upgrade. hmmm

I'll prob just get an akg k712 and upgrade the one I have to the 3.2 and call it quits for a couple of months. 

The AD isn't going anywhere. Meanwhile I'll fight covetousness as I am reading reviews from the tour. 

Sep 21, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #1,875 of 9,071
  Came here with 100 new posts marked on my subscriptions thinking that he suddenly announced he was shipping early or something.

Nope, we're all flipping out over the headphone stand. Nice work, by the way, Dan!

Seriously,  NICE work Dan!!

Because the last thing I need to do is buy another headphone stand!
LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back