MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production 3D-Printed Headphones
Sep 20, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #1,831 of 9,071
Okay, here's a hint... Charlton Heston...

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #1,832 of 9,071
Sooooo much goodies. I want these on principle. Dan is truly doing all he can to get these in everyone's home. I'm in awe.

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #1,833 of 9,071
I've said it before, but the Fostex headband is the last piece of the puzzle. I think he will eventually come out with his own headband, thus removing any non-Mr. Speakers branding from the Alpha Dogs. I can't wait to see a picture with the black risers installed.

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #1,834 of 9,071
I'm spending the $ I got from selling my iBasso PB2/DB2 stack to upgrade. The iBasso stack was temporary until my HIFI-M8 arrived. In theory, I was not going to spend the money. Then I heard the Alpha Dogs. I'd pretty much committed on the beta tour. After hearing essentially the production units at the CA Audio show, and now seeing the essentially finished product, that sale money is history...

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #1,836 of 9,071
  oo my god,, a headphones stand,
didn't expect that!

so the shipping start next week?

No, "by the end of the month" if no setbacks.

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #1,837 of 9,071
  I've said it before, but the Fostex headband is the last piece of the puzzle. I think he will eventually come out with his own headband, thus removing any non-Mr. Speakers branding from the Alpha Dogs. I can't wait to see a picture with the black risers installed.

The drivers are Fostex drivers, and the basic sound is Fostex, so I do not see any need to remove all traces of Fostex identification.

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #1,839 of 9,071
I have to wonder how strong the plastic pieces are that hold the adjustable headphone sliders in-place. They feel kind of cheap to me. Something squeaks in that structure too. :/

^ I've been listening to Mechgamer123's Mad Dog today....and testing ew iOS 7.
60% maximum volume straight out of the iPhone with fairly quiet binaural music sounded pretty good to me. It sounds just as good with other more efficient headphones compared to with amps. The C5 made the soundstage wider as well as improving the overall clarity, just like other more efficient headphones I use.

Vocals and lower/mid stringed instruments sound really great with the Mad Dog. This album was just fantastic.

I can't wait to see how the Alpha Dogs sound with such music, and more. I didn't like the Mad Dog too much with metal or rock music and it sounded a bit congested/closed-in for orchestra songs (cymbal crashes, trombones, and tambourines seemed dull to me too).

The clamping force is a bit tight for me with this unit, although I know you can adjust it.

mrspeakers, did the inside shape of the Alpha Dog's Alpha pads change? The ones on the Mad Dog are really supple and fit my ears perfectly.

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #1,840 of 9,071
  I have to wonder how strong the plastic pieces are that hold the adjustable headphone sliders in-place. They feel kind of cheap to me. Something squeaks in that structure too. :/

^ I've been listening to Mechgamer123's Mad Dog today....and testing ew iOS 7.
60% maximum volume straight out of the iPhone with fairly quiet binaural music sounded pretty good to me. It sounds just as good with other more efficient headphones compared to with amps. The C5 made the soundstage wider as well as improving the overall clarity, just like other more efficient headphones I use.

Vocals and lower/mid stringed instruments sound really great with the Mad Dog. This album was just fantastic.

I can't wait to see how the Alpha Dogs sound with such music, and more. I didn't like the Mad Dog too much with metal or rock music and it sounded a bit congested/closed-in for orchestra songs (cymbal crashes, trombones, and tambourines seemed dull to me too).

The clamping force is a bit tight for me with this unit, although I know you can adjust it.

mrspeakers, did the inside shape of the Alpha Dog's Alpha pads change? The ones on the Mad Dog are really supple and fit my ears perfectly.

That looks like Ottmar Liebert's Up Close album? haha

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #1,841 of 9,071

Hey, first time I saw someone recommending Leo Ku's albums. I always think his albums are very well produced among the Mandarin/canto pop songs. Will try to get this album, thanks for your recommendation!

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #1,842 of 9,071
I can see Dan working on the HE400 next... :D

Since I'm sure he's close to perfecting the closed Planar, he could probably try venturing into perfecting an open planar, the HE-400 being the cheapest one sold. I would love to see what he can do with an open design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back