MrSpeakers AEON Flow Open - Impressions Thread
Mar 14, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #2,477 of 2,583
Went back to the stock DUM cable a few weeks ago.

Bought a 2nd hand pair of Closed from another fellow and it came with a 12 foot balanced cable, really nice looking and appreciated the extra length.

Specifically it was a 12ft 4 pin Neutrik XLR terminated balanced Canare 1605 cable.

I used it for about 2 months with my AFO and AFC and was going back and forth between the two. Never did A/B between the original DUM cable for some reason I still don't understand.

A couple of weeks ago I swapped in the original MrSpeakers cable and it was "wait a minute here". A couple of back and forth between the two cables and yes the original cable was so much better. Especially in the bass department - tighter and more defined. So lesson learned once again on how much cables matter.

Looks good eh?
IMG_20200226_202651.jpg

Mar 16, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #2,478 of 2,583
I just got a used pair of Aeon Flow Open, and right away there's a problem with the left screw for the headband adjustment. It cannot tighten all the way and the headband will easily slide out of position with just a little but of pressure. Anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it?

Initially I thought maybe the plastic hole was stripped, but when I took the thing apart and tried to tighten the screw without the headband, it tightened all the way. So somehow the thickness of the headband is preventing the screw from catching at the deeper end of the plastic hole? How would you fix something like that?

I have contacted Dan Cark Audio to see what could be done about it. But if anyone here have been through the same problem, please advise. Thanks.

Mar 18, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #2,479 of 2,583
Hello. I got a real quick question. I plan to purchase myself a Aeon flow open from addicted to audio as they are selling demo units. I gave the store a call and they told me that the headphones are in like new condition and have been barely used. I was just wondering, would 1 Watt of power be more than enough to power them? I am planning to use my E1DA 9038s. Amazing sounding small dac with a ton of power. If the Aeons will be driven nicely, I'll get them. But if they need more juice. I might skip and look for another headphone

Mar 18, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #2,480 of 2,583
Hello. I got a real quick question. I plan to purchase myself a Aeon flow open from addicted to audio as they are selling demo units. I gave the store a call and they told me that the headphones are in like new condition and have been barely used. I was just wondering, would 1 Watt of power be more than enough to power them? I am planning to use my E1DA 9038s. Amazing sounding small dac with a ton of power. If the Aeons will be driven nicely, I'll get them. But if they need more juice. I might skip and look for another headphone
Sort of maybe. The 1 watt into what load?

I'm not an expert & don't have a lot of knowledge in that area, but I know there is a difference between watts, volts and current.

I'm not familiar with the E1DA 9038s but I found this calculator, which might be helpful... good luck

https://www.headphonesty.com/headphone-power-calculator/

Mar 18, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #2,481 of 2,583
I just got a used pair of Aeon Flow Open, and right away there's a problem with the left screw for the headband adjustment. It cannot tighten all the way and the headband will easily slide out of position with just a little but of pressure. Anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it?

Initially I thought maybe the plastic hole was stripped, but when I took the thing apart and tried to tighten the screw without the headband, it tightened all the way. So somehow the thickness of the headband is preventing the screw from catching at the deeper end of the plastic hole? How would you fix something like that?

I have contacted Dan Cark Audio to see what could be done about it. But if anyone here have been through the same problem, please advise. Thanks.

You need a new part, sounds like the threads stripped. If it's under warranty its free, if not its just a couple of bucks. Sue will help you out on support.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 31, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #2,485 of 2,583
Is it possible to re-cable my 3.5 jack to fully balanced one? I mean how many wires dummer has? 4?
I need to re-cable to 4.4.
Thanks)

all our cables are 4 conductor.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 3, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #2,486 of 2,583
1 watt is definitely more than enough for all volumes, but i don't think the E1dA 9038s has that much power. Nevertheless it should be enough if you listen moderately.

May 8, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #2,488 of 2,583
Anyone have recommendations for a super light cable for Mr Speakers? While the VIVO cable I have is super nice, it's just a bit unwieldy for my desk with the aluminum y split and heavy braided shielding. I was hoping to find something with just heatshrinked covered wires and just a heatshrink y split.

May 8, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #2,489 of 2,583
I've been using an OIDIO Sound cable with my AFO and I'm very happy with it.

May 15, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #2,490 of 2,583
I have the original aeon flow open. Now that i have my new aeon 2 closed. I see my flow open pads are collapsing. Maybe 1-1.5 years old not use alot. I normally use my alpha prime most of the year since i have to use a fan in my room.

Any tips to help the pads to give them some support. New pads are 60 dollars!

Just seeing if anyone has any tricks.

m usicguy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back