MrSpeakers AEON Flow Open - Impressions Thread
Jan 25, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #1,176 of 2,583
I think you'll really enjoy them I sure do..

I can't wait to use with the WA22.
FYI: My WA22 is behaving since I had it rebuilt.
I have a new appreciation/love/respect for the WA22.
It responds very nicely to the right HP's.

Jan 25, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #1,177 of 2,583
That's awesome glad to hear your wa22 is working better I remember you having issues with it, enjoy your new hp's their simply great sounding..

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #1,180 of 2,583
48 hours in the cans sound much better than the start. I took out the stock 1 notch white damper or whatever it's called. Detail suffered with it in.

Good to conform with many people observing that they do have significant burn-in, thanks for sharing!

Jan 26, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #1,181 of 2,583
48 hours in the cans sound much better than the start. I took out the stock 1 notch white damper or whatever it's called. Detail suffered with it in.
Are you listening with no tuning pads? I find it the most pure. The black one is ok but I prefer no pads at all.

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #1,183 of 2,583
Are you listening with no tuning pads? I find it the most pure. The black one is ok but I prefer no pads at all.

I agree I was using the black pads but removed them it sound better at least to me..enjoy

Jan 27, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #1,184 of 2,583
Everyone seems to like pad-free, but agrees that before and even after burn in, they could use a touch less treble in a few hot spots, perhaps if they make an ASO (Aeon Semi Open) for more sub bass like their closed, and more overall warmth like the open, they tweak the drivers to have a bit less higher end peaks people unanimously notice (even treble heads), while not affecting other areas of their highs. It could result in their not needing tuning pads, they will be in that zone. Kind of like the Meze 99 high end. It's detailed but smooth, and only super treble heads say it's lacking in their Neo version (the Classic has more, and for those of us more sensitive to treble, it is a bit too much at times). Other than a bit of mid bass bloat, and occasional peaky mids, the Neo are close to my ideal sonic vibes.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #1,185 of 2,583
I prefer the AFO without pads, using it with Hugo2 and a Danacable. I tried other combinations and, while this is a relatively expensive combination, for desktop use at work it has been great. If the office surroundings get a bit noisy I swap the AFO for my AFC and enjoy things a bit differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back