MrSpeakers AEON Flow Open - Impressions Thread
Nov 22, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #572 of 2,583
You can move the near field objects further out with AEON Open by using the black foam or no-foam. You can also use craft felt, or even toilet paper as ways to experiment with shifting the upper-mid/lower high tonality. I can't guarantee this will increase soundstage for everyone but it does for me. I do sometimes enjoy listening with no ear side damping when I have really audiophile source material with super smooth mids and highs in part for this reason. But the thing is soundstage and tonal balance are linked, and while I am not sure how sound the science is behind this statement, I think that warmer headphones will generally make objects sound "larger," and sometimes this equates to closer. Soundstage is an interesting topic, for sure...

Thank you for your reply. Next question is: would you be interested in making an HD800 plannar headphone in the near future - just to prove others that it can be done? :D

Kelvin

Nov 22, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #574 of 2,583
Direct from the FTC web site:

Price fixing is an agreement (written, verbal, or inferred from conduct) among competitors that raises, lowers, or stabilizes prices or competitive terms. Generally, the antitrust laws require that each company establish prices and other terms on its own, without agreeing with a competitor.

No. If MrSpekaers, Audeze, Hifiman and Sennheriser gather together in a dark room to agree on their prices, it may violate the law. However, MAP does not violate the law. Think about Apple products like Airpods. You cannot find a lower price than $159.99 from any third party dealers.

Nov 22, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #577 of 2,583
No. If MrSpekaers, Audeze, Hifiman and Sennheriser gather together in a dark room to agree on their prices, it may violate the law. However, MAP does not violate the law. Think about Apple products like Airpods. You cannot find a lower price than $159.99 from any third party dealers.
We were asked to get back on topic. I believe that we should honor that request and drop this. No one wins.

Nov 22, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #579 of 2,583
Care to bring it to Tahiti for a listen? I live in a small island and I don't think I'll ever have a chance to hear it

Have a nice day,
Kelvin

I'm not sure how sorry I can actually feel for you, sounds like a HORRIBLE life!

:L3000:

Though we are based in San Diego...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 22, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #580 of 2,583
Had a bit of a laugh earlier listening to the AFO, noticed the left channel kept cutting out when I moved my head. Was about to give up on the cable when I noticed the adapter was slightly unscrewed, tightened it and all is good now. :L3000:

Nov 22, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #581 of 2,583
If it fits in your budget ampsandsound has a 16 ohm version of the Kenzie or Mogwai, these are great SET designs with quality tubes. If you want another suggestion under $1K, the Mjolnir 2 with a nice set of tubes is a great value with terrific power output. In the budget category the Massdrop CTH, shipping early next year, is phenomenal for the price.
I do have a question idk what the reason is but my korg dac 100 doesn't run into this problem but it doesn't give it the oomph my tube amp brings to all my headphones, the temp fix is to lower my volume until it stops making that bloated low end sound. Could someone tell me what could be causing this ?

Nov 22, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #582 of 2,583
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy it with lots of music.

95QNILiE6J-2000x2000.png

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #583 of 2,583
If you want another suggestion under $1K, the Mjolnir 2 with a nice set of tubes is a great value with terrific power output.

I concur with this in my own experience ... AFO/MJ2 is a wonderful pairing (using GE 5670 5* tubes, which need adapters). Alternatively, I can also suggest a Lyr 2 ... not quite as full-bodied as the MJ2 but a satisfying listening experience nonetheless.

Nov 26, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #585 of 2,583
Have a pair of MrSpeakers Aeon Open on the way! Was pleasantly surprised to see that you now offer XLR terminations on the default cable. Will pair nicely with my MrSpeakers Aeon Closed. Can’t wait!

Happy Holidays guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back