MrSpeakers AEON Flow Open - Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #2,433 of 2,583
Hi, found a pair of AFO's used and I have been blown away by the sound of them from the first listen!

I do suspect the right ear pad to be in need of a replacement since it seems to compress more than the other, do anyone know if these are available for purchase in europe?

Dec 4, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #2,434 of 2,583
Hi, found a pair of AFO's used and I have been blown away by the sound of them from the first listen!

I do suspect the right ear pad to be in need of a replacement since it seems to compress more than the other, do anyone know if these are available for purchase in europe?

have you tried to pull the foam back up? there's a youtube video from dan that shows just how to bring the earpad back to life a bit, since the rear tends to compress due to the jawbone there.

Dec 4, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #2,435 of 2,583
have you tried to pull the foam back up? there's a youtube video from dan that shows just how to bring the earpad back to life a bit, since the rear tends to compress due to the jawbone there.

Yes, that was the first thing I tried actually; pulling/massaging the foam back to shape. They seem to return to a warped shape almost directly, with a hotspot-like pressure build-up around my earlobe as an result.

And, just to clarify, this might be down to the somewhat odd shape of my head, I usually find many headphones more "uncomfortable" on my right side but I wanted to rule out that the pads mileage wasn't an issue first.
I have found a semi-fix atm by inserting a small piece of foam-plastic in the bottom end of the pad to stiffen the lower loop up a bit.

Dec 4, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #2,436 of 2,583
Yes, that was the first thing I tried actually; pulling/massaging the foam back to shape. They seem to return to a warped shape almost directly, with a hotspot-like pressure build-up around my earlobe as an result.

And, just to clarify, this might be down to the somewhat odd shape of my head, I usually find many headphones more "uncomfortable" on my right side but I wanted to rule out that the pads mileage wasn't an issue first.
I have found a semi-fix atm by inserting a small piece of foam-plastic in the bottom end of the pad to stiffen the lower loop up a bit.

Can you order directly from the Maker?

https://danclarkaudio.com/shop/headphones/open/aeon-flow.html

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #2,437 of 2,583
Can you order directly from the Maker?

Yes, that I can but AFAIK Dan Clark Audio is located in the US, I was wondering if there is a european retailer that carries them.

Dec 6, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #2,438 of 2,583
I got a set of these a few weeks ago. They've developed a problem with low right channel volume. When I switch the cable entries around the problem remains on the right side, so it's either the cable jack or the driver, not the cable.
Have there been any other reports of faults like this? I'm in touch with Australian supplier so hopefully they can help me out.

Dec 6, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #2,439 of 2,583
Yes, this fault has been reported here several times by myself and a few other users. Return your unit and have it replaced by the local vendor/distributor.

Dec 6, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #2,440 of 2,583
Yes, this fault has been reported here several times by myself and a few other users. Return your unit and have it replaced by the local vendor/distributor.

Thanks. I'm in touch with the local vendor. It'll be interesting to see what happens. In Australia they've just switched official distributors. The new distributor is already assisting me with some replacement pads but I suspect they will only stock the new version.

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #2,441 of 2,583
I got a set of these a few weeks ago. They've developed a problem with low right channel volume. When I switch the cable entries around the problem remains on the right side, so it's either the cable jack or the driver, not the cable.
Have there been any other reports of faults like this? I'm in touch with Australian supplier so hopefully they can help me out.

Timely post - I have just encountered the same issue with my set, which I purchased about two months ago or so. I've been in touch with the store I got them from (Minidisc) and will likely return them for...repair? Replacement? Whatever needs to be done to rectify it. It's quite annoying as it's ever so slight but enough to make the listening experience uncomfortable in a way.

Dec 7, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #2,442 of 2,583
Timely post - I have just encountered the same issue with my set, which I purchased about two months ago or so. I've been in touch with the store I got them from (Minidisc) and will likely return them for...repair? Replacement? Whatever needs to be done to rectify it. It's quite annoying as it's ever so slight but enough to make the listening experience uncomfortable in a way.

Mine came from A2A. I wanted new pads because mine had the known issue and didn't respond the instructions to remedy it. A2A referred me to the new supplier Advance Audio.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back