Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing Recommendation/Discussion Thread
Oct 5, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #122 of 419
No worries mate, Im sure the E12 qualifies as "good quality portable separate amp" so it is in a way recommended.

Cheers!

What are you using for an amp these days? I've got an E17, but I'm looking to upgrade.

Oct 6, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #124 of 419
I have a ZMF mod T50RPs and use it with my desktop dac/amp. Its a HA Info DA1 which I will be upgrading to an NFB 15.32 perhaps by the end of the year.

My portable rigs are mostly iems and i use a C&C BH to amp them via C3

The Audio GD 11.32 and 15.32 really have my interest - I think I'll get one or the other in the next couple of months or so. They have tons of power and judging by comments and impressions I've read, the DACs seem to be implemented pretty well. They seem to be very good for the price, although they're certainly not art pieces.

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #125 of 419
I've got an NFB-10.32SE and a pair of MDs incoming so we'll see how they pair up. The 10.32 does something silly like 6W at 50ohms so it might just help confirm or debunk the "more power = better sound" myth.

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #126 of 419
The Audio GD 11.32 and 15.32 really have my interest - I think I'll get one or the other in the next couple of months or so. They have tons of power and judging by comments and impressions I've read, the DACs seem to be implemented pretty well. They seem to be very good for the price, although they're certainly not art pieces.

Exactly my thoughts, right now I'm researching on Maverick audio and Beresford but so far Audio GD is still my top choice. I think my end game headphones will be the alpha dogs

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #128 of 419
Exactl
Exactly my thoughts, right now I'm researching on Maverick audio and Beresford but so far Audio GD is still my top choice. I think my end game headphones will be the alpha dogs

There is no such a headphone that can be a end game headphone. That's the lesson I learned when I read 50+ headphones comparison. Alpha Dogs, Mad Dogs are good but not the best for all genres. Just like someone who has big budget, buying HD800 and LCD-3 so that these two headphones can cover many popular genres.

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #129 of 419
Hope you can A-B your NFB 10.32SE with another amp. Looking forward to your impressions, Cheers!

I don't have any other amps at the moment but I'll probably give it a whirl with a speaker amp at some point; might actually yield pleasant results methinks.

There is no such a headphone that can be a end game headphone. That's the lesson I learned when I read 50+ headphones comparison. Alpha Dogs, Mad Dogs are good but not the best for all genres. Just like someone who has big budget, buying HD800 and LCD-3 so that these two headphones can cover many popular genres.

Furthermore, there's no endgame because the game keeps changing. I'm sure there's a number of people who thought their journey as headphiles was complete until planars made a comeback. 

It never ends, trust me!

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #130 of 419
Errrr..... Dude I said MY end game, it means for my musical preference it seems to be end game. Note I said seems to be since like you I have only read reviews and have not yet auditioned them.

I am not filthy rich and choose my gear based on its price to performance ratio and so far I am content with my budget to mid-fi gears.

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #132 of 419
Errrr..... Dude I said MY end game, it means for my musical preference it seems to be end game. Note I said seems to be since like you I have only read reviews and have not yet auditioned them.

I am not filthy rich and choose my gear based on its price to performance ratio and so far I am content with my budget to mid-fi gears.

Apologies if I came off as offensive. 

You're right though, everyone has their own endgame. That said, I do think we all get suckered back in by good marketing even when we think we've found something perfect.

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #133 of 419
I don't have any other amps at the moment but I'll probably give it a whirl with a speaker amp at some point; might actually yield pleasant results methinks.

Hope a friend can lend you a less powerful amp to compare with the 10.32SE to really confirm or debunk the myth of the more power thingy.

If you A-B with a speaker amp then that would be lime comparing 2 powerhouses IMO and you might not be able to notice the benefits of the mucho power.

Cheers!

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #134 of 419
Apologies if I came off as offensive. 

You're right though, everyone has their own endgame. That said, I do think we all get suckered back in by good marketing even when we think we've found something perfect.

Haha no worries, I was actually replying to our friend loveknight when I posted the reply your post came in first.

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #135 of 419
  I've got an NFB-10.32SE and a pair of MDs incoming so we'll see how they pair up. The 10.32 does something silly like 6W at 50ohms so it might just help confirm or debunk the "more power = better sound" myth.

You're the lucky lad who is getting the massive hook-up from Currawong, right? I can't wait to hear your impressions - the more amp impressions, the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back