Mr Speakers Ether
Aug 5, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #376 of 456
My Ether's just arrived. 
My box is marked with an "X" for the DUM Cable...but...i did not order a DUM cable and I was outside of the Free DUM cable Pre-Order. 

What does a DUM Cable look like vs a Standard Cable?   Anybody got any pics?  (My plan was to see what cable length I needed...then have a suggestion for Christmas Present).

T-shirt fits great..

Oh...and the Ether's sound G R E A T!!....can't believe how light and comfortable they are.

Aug 5, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #377 of 456
  My Ether's just arrived. 
My box is marked with an "X" for the DUM Cable...but...i did not order a DUM cable and I was outside of the Free DUM cable Pre-Order. 

What does a DUM Cable look like vs a Standard Cable?   Anybody got any pics?  (My plan was to see what cable length I needed...then have a suggestion for Christmas Present).

T-shirt fits great..

Oh...and the Ether's sound G R E A T!!....can't believe how light and comfortable they are.

Dum cable will have red and black on the cable's sleeve. Stock cable is black only.

Aug 5, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #378 of 456
Actually the easiest way to tell is the DUM is woven nylon sheathing while the standard is rubber...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 6, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #382 of 456
Dan is a super-generous guy! I had to tell him that the Ethers he sent me were a gift, since I had cancelled and gotten a refund on my order...

Time to pay it forward, I'll PM you my shipping address:wink:

Aug 6, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #383 of 456

Yup...its got the woven sheath.  

Wow...Thanks!!   Guess i am "DUM" for asking.

...wonder if it is Cat proof?

Dan is a super-generous guy! I had to tell him that the Ethers he sent me were a gift, since I had cancelled and gotten a refund on my order...

Same here!

Aug 6, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #384 of 456
It's a bug in our shipping/store interface that sometimes a cancelled order is returned to the shipping queue.  Sorry for the inconvenience on that one...  We've changed our shipping process so hopefully that won't occur again.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Aug 9, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #385 of 456
Minor fit issue.  I wish the headband coils are longer or differently shaped (e.g., like the Stax SR009). When I adjust the leather band to near the default locations of the headband stops, the leather band bumps onto the headband coils, putting pressure on the top of my head.  

Is there an easy workaround to alleviate this?

Aug 10, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #386 of 456
  Minor fit issue.  I wish the headband coils are longer or differently shaped (e.g., like the Stax SR009). When I adjust the leather band to near the default locations of the headband stops, the leather band bumps onto the headband coils, putting pressure on the top of my head.  

Is there an easy workaround to alleviate this?

Good to hear your feedback.  First we've heard on this, but there's likely an easy fix; moving the hole up a bit to shorten the strap should do it, about 1/4" should be plenty.  We can cut a custom one for you, and if anyone else ever needs a shorter one we'll keep it on hand.  It's easy to swap, simple Phillips head.  If you'd like us to send you a shorter one just PM me with your order number and address, or reseller where you purchased.  

Aug 10, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #387 of 456

Thanks for the quick reply Dan, I sent you a PM.  I needed to lower the transducers to clear the bottom of my large earlobes 
confused_face(1).gif

Aug 10, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #389 of 456
  We are shipping a lot of headphones right now, including large distributor orders.  I'll post updates tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back