Mr Speakers Ether
Jul 16, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #331 of 456
Ooh, mine are awaiting me at home when I finish work! My next post likely to be in the impressions thead. Lets see how these fare against my HE6 and HD800... EDIT: Frigging torture, they're right there on the table, but until the kids go to bed that's where they will remain.

Well??????????????????

Jul 16, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #332 of 456
Different thread. ;p

But yes, far more were delivered than how many posted impressions.

Jul 16, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #333 of 456
Well??????????????????

I posted some early impressions in the HE-6 thread, but honestly those are so formative even I am taking them with a grain of salt.

Build and comfort are absolutely top notch, probably the most comfortable headphone I've worn. Aesthetics are obviously a matter of personal taste, but I really like the Ether from this point of view too. I really, really, like the inclusion of a hardshell case.

Sound? Good, very good even, although my early impression would have this falling short of the HE-6 in most areas for my tastes (that comparison is limited by a wide variety of factors though, that's a very tentative early though is all). Beyond that I can't really make meaningful comment just yet, it's just too early.

Next time I have a sit down I think I will compare the Ether to my HD800, fortunately for that comparison I'll be able to have both running at the same time using the dual single-ended outputs on my CMA800R, which will make for very quick changeovers (it's not too dramatic using them in monoblock mode like I did last night, but given the brevity of sonic impressions time is of the essence).

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #334 of 456
Are there any updates regarding the production numbers and deliveries for this and the coming weeks?
You would think I was anxious.
darthsmile.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #335 of 456
Some of the parts from one of our vendors was delivered to us defective (tolerances were off) which has kept us from completing a number of units. We are using the time to build up other sub-assemblies so when we get the critical parts in, we will be able to ship a high volume quickly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #337 of 456
  Some of the parts from one of our vendors was delivered to us defective (tolerances were off) which has kept us from completing a number of units. We are using the time to build up other sub-assemblies so when we get the critical parts in, we will be able to ship a high volume quickly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for the update. Knowing that you take the time to get it right the first time is great. When I get my pair they are never coming off my ears; are they waterproof ? Still have to take showers. 
L3000.gif

Jul 22, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #340 of 456
Mine shipped today (yay!), so that means the entire first run has shipped. That's a milestone!

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #341 of 456
Our parts have arrived to and we will resume shipping Tuesday.  As an estimate we'll be past order 5000. 

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back