Mr Speakers Ether
Mar 24, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #16 of 456
June can not possibly get here fast enough.

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #18 of 456
If these sound better than my 560s, I may upgrade to them.

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #19 of 456
  If these sound better than my 560s, I may upgrade to them.

price-point-wise, the Ether would be directly competing with the ~$1.5 LCD-X and the ~$1.3k HE-6. LCD-XC is closed and the HE-560 is at the sub-$1k price point.

Not many planars currently available above the $1.4 but below the $2k price point beyond Audeze. Always good to see some competition.

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #20 of 456
They sure are pretty. Interested in what materials they used for the cups. Wonder if they're 3d printed like the alphas.

Well, as Peter beat me to it, HI!  :) 

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 25, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #21 of 456
I didn't see it anywhere, but what's the price like, any confirmed pricing? WOuld it be using the same driver as the AP and AD, and all other MrSpeakers' cans? Looks incredibly good btw....

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #23 of 456
I didn't see it anywhere, but what's the price like, any confirmed pricing? WOuld it be using the same driver as the AP and AD, and all other MrSpeakers' cans? Looks incredibly good btw....

Completely new drivers and what have you. The housing is created using the 3 d printers.

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #24 of 456
Sick sick looks 
eek.gif

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #25 of 456
These look amazing. Really interested in grabing a pair.

Price is $1499

They look pretty good but at this price point they are up against some stiff competition so will be waiting to hear some reviews first. Still looks great so far, really interested in a pair

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #26 of 456

$1,499.99 (all cable options except one) or $1,539.99 (10ft 1/4" cable)

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #27 of 456
I am going to be extremely skeptical given this headphones is in the same price league as the HD800, LCD-2, LCD-X, and LCD-3, as well as HE-6 and other top end headphones.

Also, the mentioned driver size on the website is the same as a T50RP. That's troubling. I'd very much like to hear more about the driver, and see photos of it. Other headphones at this price range certainly love to talk about the drivers.

They certainly nailed a good look for the headphones though, but too much Hifiman-esque for my tastes. I love the earpads and headband though, and the colour scheme.

Looking forward to hearing them.

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #28 of 456
  I am going to be extremely skeptical given this headphones is in the same price league as the HD800, LCD-2, LCD-X, and LCD-3, as well as HE-6 and other top end headphones.

Also, the mentioned driver size on the website is the same as a T50RP. That's troubling. I'd very much like to hear more about the driver, and see photos of it. Other headphones at this price range certainly love to talk about the drivers.

Nope the size mention for the new driver is bigger than my T50RP headphone driver. I measure it.  If you listen to what Jude had to say about the new driver, it has twice the surface area of the T50RP driver.  I can see that it is a bigger headphone.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/737566/mrspeakers-alpha-prime-impressions-and-discussion-thread/1245#post_11442488

The new driver is singled sided not dual. It has an impedance of 23 ohms not the 50 ohms of my Alpha Prime or my T50RP headphone.

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #29 of 456

It's 100% unique. Impressions to come shortly, but suffice to say, initial impressions are very positive for detail and imaging.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/760249/mrspeakers-ether-impressions-thread

Good to hear it delivers
L3000.gif
. @Currawong, could you merge my thread with the impressions one, or lock it so you can focus everything in the right spot? I don't want to cause confusion or help sprout multiple sources of information
biggrin.gif

I think having two threads is best in the long run -- one for general discussion and one purely for impressions. That way people who only want to read impressions can do so. 

Mar 25, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #30 of 456
I wonder what's the point of mentioning "Matched drivers: +/- 1.5 dB between 30 and 5,000Hz (tentative)" as part of the specification. I mean, for a $1500 pair of headphones, that's a given, isn't it? This is what makes me think that this is not a brand new custom driver. Even $100 earphones have driver matching done in factory.

Also, why knurl the diaphragm, when in Alpha Prime, it was meant to solve a limitation? Why not just design the driver so it avoids said limitation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back