MP4Nation
Jan 25, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #31 of 49
Remember HK is a free port, it is very efficient, that is why hk is so successful in the past, i can't image HK post office sits on the packages for 10 days and not even update their online database. Now My best guess is mp4nation maybe contract a freight company to handle their shipments, then the freight company turns around to use HK post office and gets the volume shipping discount, that is the way i image how to run the business, who the sucker want to pay the retail shipping price at the post office if hundreds/thousands packages are shipped every month. So i am not sure mp4nation can come to confirm or deny whether freight company cane be the bottlenect. My experience with individual ebay hk seller is fast, tracking is almost instantaneous. My 2 cents.

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #33 of 49
Interesting insight. Thanks for chiming in.

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #34 of 49

My M1 tracking was working after about 4 days from when they emailed it to me, the hong kong post website did not change information other than saying preparing to leave for destination country for another 10 days, it left on the 22nd now. My parcels sounds like it was being sat on by the post office. I still have 3 dx orders that were sent before christmas and have not arrived they sent it through chinapost as they said hong kong post couldn't handle airmail fast enough anymore.
Quote:
Remember HK is a free port, it is very efficient, that is why hk is so successful in the past, i can't image HK post office sits on the packages for 10 days and not even update their online database. Now My best guess is mp4nation maybe contract a freight company to handle their shipments, then the freight company turns around to use HK post office and gets the volume shipping discount, that is the way i image how to run the business, who the sucker want to pay the retail shipping price at the post office if hundreds/thousands packages are shipped every month. So i am not sure mp4nation can come to confirm or deny whether freight company cane be the bottlenect. My experience with individual ebay hk seller is fast, tracking is almost instantaneous. My 2 cents.

Jan 25, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #35 of 49
I have tried placing my tracking number in USPS (after I am routed to the site by HK post) but it always says unknown. Am I doing something wrong?

Quote:
My M1 tracking was working after about 4 days from when they emailed it to me, the hong kong post website did not change information other than saying preparing to leave for destination country for another 10 days, it left on the 22nd now. My parcels sounds like it was being sat on by the post office. I still have 3 dx orders that were sent before christmas and have not arrived they sent it through chinapost as they said hong kong post couldn't handle airmail fast enough anymore.
Quote:

Jan 26, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #36 of 49
I know many are uneasy about the delay. Just let everyone know, last 6 months, or so, HK post was very slow for my other orders from other HK vendors; mostly took 2 more weeks (sometimes, 3 - 4 weeks). One instance, HK post held it for 6 weeks for inspection (it usually happened when a merchandise value was under-reported).  By the way, most of my purchases (from HK) were cheap parts, so my experiences might not apply here.

Jan 26, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #37 of 49

Quote:
I know many are uneasy about the delay. Just let everyone know, last 6 months, or so, HK post was very slow for my other orders from other HK vendors; mostly took 2 more weeks (sometimes, 3 - 4 weeks). One instance, HK post held it for 6 weeks for inspection (it usually happened when a merchandise value was under-reported).  By the way, most of my purchases (from HK) were cheap parts, so my experiences might not apply here.

why hk post will assess the value of package leaving from hk? doesn't make sense to me, hk will not levy on the export (no country will do that, on the contrary, some countries will subsidize the export). The declare value is only meaningful to the countries that receive the packages, they will charge the import duty. HK only make sure the export goods are not in the forbidden list. 

Jan 26, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #38 of 49
I'm calling utter BS. I buy from HKG all the time and have items shipped via EMS. My future father-in-law's business buys parts from HK and China constantly and gets 'em via EMS when the order can't make it to the container in time for shipment, etc.

HK post is quite efficient in getting the package processed. I've had delays in transit and on this side through customs and tracking has stopped updating but NEVER have my shipments not been trackable within a day of being shipped. HKG is one of the highest volume and most efficient airports in the world. Were it Heathrow? I'd believe things getting lost/delayed/etc! But HKG is one of the best run facilities I've ever experienced as a passenger and (from their experience) as a cargo shipper.

Taken from the standpoint of a US/European/Japanese online merchant, MP4Nation is woeful. From the standpoint of a Chinese dropshipper? They're quite good. What is ordered DOES get there as advertised and (limited) support is available. One dropshipper sent me a package full of remarked Nokia batteries that was supposed to be a cellphone! Never did manage to get credit for that one.  DealExtreme will 'backorder' items, and then just not ship them and won't provide credit until you badger them. But it's not about HKP being problematic. It's about MP4Nation batching orders and managing inventories to keep costs as low as possible. I applaud that. I wish they'd just be HONEST about it.  

Jan 27, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #39 of 49
I am glad that mp4nation exists; otherwise, there would be no 16GB Teclast T51 and it were, then it would cost far more than the preorder price for the s:flo 2. I also get a discount because I have purchased lots and lots of pmps from mp4nation. Also it is tough to find an 8GB Cuber C30, but Raz released his rebranded version of the C30 in 8GB at a very reasonable price. I bought one myself with the M3 and the $75 combo special.

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #40 of 49
Angry Birds, fun; angry members, no fun.
I did experience delay due to HK post. Maybe I was not lucky? Or, for whatever reasons were? No need to shout at a member who shared a different experience.
It is your money, please spend the way which makes you happy; no need to be unhappy about some portable gears.

Jan 27, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #41 of 49
If you were to search the s:flo2 topic, you'd see my frustrations on the services of mp4nation.I could probably write a whole article about my experience with mp4nation. Maybe to summarise my frustration, for my own fun: 

January order --> 2months wait --> March Shipped --> 2 months using product --> May product died, sent to RMA --> 5 MONTHS RMA HELL --> October they said they sent back the unit --> TODAY I still don't have it in my hands. 

Thank you mp4nation. You have taught me that I should be more careful in buying online now. For those with pending orders now, I say good luck. Chinese New Year is next week, and you'll be getting HELL like I did :)

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #42 of 49
Well it's just related to a lapse in management which is trying to deal with the sudden rise of a small company. Now, it's quite clear that they are having trouble in keeping up with the boom in business and are prioritizing things the wrong way. This kind of a scenario haunts majority of smaller companies that transition into the big time and it's important to set your priorities properly or things can spiral out of control.

Customer Service is P1 in all realms of business. Yes, maybe HK post is out of their control, but clearly the scenario that you describe above (5 months of RMA), if it is true, is not taking their business in the right direction.

Good luck everyone in sorting this out.

Jan 28, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #43 of 49
No one's shouting here.

Quote:
Angry Birds, fun; angry members, no fun.
I did experience delay due to HK post. Maybe I was not lucky? Or, for whatever reasons were? No need to shout at a member who shared a different experience.
It is your money, please spend the way which makes you happy; no need to be unhappy about some portable gears.

Jan 30, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #44 of 49
Well for what its worth, I ordered stuff from HK (for my camera). And that took about a month to get here. I ordered that in early december and received it a week ago.
So it seems it takes HK Post about a month to get stuff to the US during holiday season. Still a lot less than how long you've been waiting, so I dont know man, good luck.

Hopefully the M2s I ordered dont take more than a month to get here.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #45 of 49
I ordered mine the 21st and it still hasn't shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back