Moving towards a different-taste IEM
Jan 6, 2011 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

okur

Head-Fier
Hi everybody,

It's been a while i'm not chillin' up here, 'cuz i felt satisfied since i meet AT-Ck10. Still it's delightful to me, yet i'm whinning for one which has a little more bassy and uncolored sound.
regular_smile%20.gif
As i told, it's been some time i've read all top-tiers' reviews, now i want some quick and "point shot" offers - please.

Actually i'm "a detail seeker", but also don't like much forward mids. Hence, Ort. Eq7 and Shure 535 are not choices for me. For instance, what about Eq5?? I really don't have an idea.

UE T.fi10 would also be an option for me - also a cheaper one maybe, i hesitate about it's recessed mids which can offer me nice bass texture and close-up detail as much as Ck10, 'cuz i really really LOVE Audio Technica's way of presenting the vocals and general mid characteristic.

i also tried Earsonics Sm3, though i listen to it for a short time, and it's bass "quantity" is too much for me. Hell, what about it's price by the way?!
blink.gif
It's unaffordable to me and luxurious!
biggrin.gif
I'd prefer go for custom ones.

Senn. IE8 and Westone 3 are out of classification for their mid-bass-hump (even i haven't tried out W3, IE8 is absolutely unacceptable and unrespectable for me).

Then what would you offer me to buy including/excluding these? I'm not interested in any custom monitors, but if you really can pursuade me, why not? Though it would be really nice for my wallet if i had an option until i go high for these.

Thank you in advance. All posts will be appreciated.

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 3
So if the UM3X has too much bass, I think I'd try the etymotic line, either like the HF5 or ER4P. They are about as uncolored as you get and I find the bass quite satisfying as long as you have a good seal. It would take someone whose heard both the CK10 and the ER4P to tell you though. Maybe the Fischer Audio DBA-02 could be a good fit for what you're looking for. Or the Westone 2. Come to think of it, you may like the Westone 2 a good bit.
(Actually the W4 could be really good. Westone is putting in 2 bass drivers so that it doesn't have the mid bass hump; will it be too colored, I don't know?)

Jan 7, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 3
Yes, i have already forgotten about Etymotics. But wouldn't i have feeding issues with 'em while using an ipod video + fiio e1? You know, ER4 P/S situation... Also i'm hopeful about W4 though it' will have a high price. I'd prefer to hear someone's experiences who had already tried both T.fi10 and Ck10.

Aha and i also heard Dba-02, but it's not a real good and interesting deal for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back