Mountain View/Sunnyvale/San Jose/Palo Alto/Stanford meetups
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #106 of 170
New to Head-fi but would be potentially interested in this as I live in south bay, it would depend on the time of the event on August 11th as I have a couple other things going on that day (catching up on the thread so maybe I missed the time?).

Would be open to bringing a couple of my headphones or dac/amps from the list in my signature. Personally, I'd be interested in hearing a tube amp or two (I'm thinking of buying a Woo Audio WA7 later this year).

Aug 2, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #108 of 170
August 11th sounds fine to me.

It would be great to get a tally of who's coming and what they're bringing.

I guess I'll say I can bring:

Schiit Fulla 2
Schiit Magni 2
Monoprice Monolith M1060C
Sennheiser HD 6XX
AKG K553 Pro

Hello,
I'm good to go for the 11th.
@donkeywalker , if you can confirm that we can meet at your place, that would be great. It looks like the first time you hosted, you requested all who planned to attend to fill out a form. Please let us know how we can proceed.

I have the following:

Electrostatic:
Stax 3010 (earspeaker and energizer)
Stax Lambda Professional
Stax SR Gamma Pro
Stax SRD-P ("portable" energizer run by 8 C batteries and two plugs for two earspeakers)
Stax SRS002 (portable energizer and in-ear earspeakers)
Koss ESP-9 and Koss E9 energizer (quantity of two sets)
Realistic HP-100 earspeaker and energizer (Stax OEM)

Planar: Hifiman HE400i

Dynamic: Sennheiser HD650

DAC/Amp:
Chord Mojo
Chord Chordette Gem
Fiio E18

Being that there are a good number of members with the HD650 and HE400i, I can bring just the electrostatic stuff and DAC/Amp.

Aug 9, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #112 of 170
I've tried reaching out to @donkeywalker twice via PM without success. His profile says he hasn't been back to headfi since he last posted that he could host.
Does anyone know how to contact him outside of headfi? Perhaps his personal email or phone?
At this rate, I am not confident we can organize this by tomorrow to meet Saturday.

Aug 9, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #113 of 170
I've tried reaching out to @donkeywalker twice via PM without success. His profile says he hasn't been back to headfi since he last posted that he could host.
Does anyone know how to contact him outside of headfi? Perhaps his personal email or phone?
At this rate, I am not confident we can organize this by tomorrow to meet Saturday.
Sent him an email just now.

Aug 11, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #115 of 170
Yeah, looks like we'll have to delay this meet to another time.

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #118 of 170
Let’s not lose our momentum!

@Alcophone, perhaps you could ask @donkeywalker if he cares to pick out one of the other weekend dates from the vote form when he can host this meet? Still lots of time left this summer.

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #119 of 170
I reached out to DecentLevi hoping he is still in the Bay area. If he is he would be a good person to work with in regards to setting up at the Alum Rock Branch Library.

I'll update here if I get a response.

Aug 17, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #120 of 170
I'm back in SJ, if you guys want use my place in SJ, it should work for me for the next weekend Saturday or Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back