Mountain View/Sunnyvale/San Jose/Palo Alto/Stanford meetups
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #92 of 170
I'm in San Jose and I would be interested in attending a get-together. Pretty busy, but will do my best!

Jul 24, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #93 of 170
Jul 24, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #94 of 170
Long time lurker here, really interested in joining the meetup! I don't have any interesting gear but I will bring what I can or even my whole arsenal if I have to!

Jul 26, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #97 of 170
August 11th sounds fine to me.

It would be great to get a tally of who's coming and what they're bringing.

I guess I'll say I can bring:

Schiit Fulla 2
Schiit Magni 2
Monoprice Monolith M1060C
Sennheiser HD 6XX
AKG K553 Pro

Jul 26, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #99 of 170
The weekend of the 11th has become iffy for me but I hope I can make it. I don't think you should change the date on my account, life has been turned UP TO 11 lately and it's going to be this way for a while.

Andromedas .... those are in serious consideration for my one good pair of IEMs (I'm mostly into headphones). If I can make it I can bring:

La Figaro 339
Lyr 3
CTH
I'd prefer to bring only 1-2 amps (preferences?)

ifi iDSD BL
Maybe bring?

Gumby
Mimby
Probably only Gumby unless someone really wants to try the Mimby. Worth noting, the Gumby warm up is a real thing and it won't sound as good at the meetup as it does after a couple days of warmup.

HD 800 + SRD Mod
HD 6XX
HD 58X Jubilee
HE 4XX
HE 560 V2 (arriving today!)
Cascade
Elex
LCD2c
Probably won't bring all, anything specific people want to try to help me decide which to bring?

Jul 26, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #101 of 170
The weekend of the 11th has become iffy for me but I hope I can make it. I don't think you should change the date on my account, life has been turned UP TO 11 lately and it's going to be this way for a while.

Andromedas .... those are in serious consideration for my one good pair of IEMs (I'm mostly into headphones). If I can make it I can bring:

La Figaro 339
Lyr 3
CTH
I'd prefer to bring only 1-2 amps (preferences?)

ifi iDSD BL
Maybe bring?

Gumby
Mimby
Probably only Gumby unless someone really wants to try the Mimby. Worth noting, the Gumby warm up is a real thing and it won't sound as good at the meetup as it does after a couple days of warmup.

HD 800 + SRD Mod
HD 6XX
HD 58X Jubilee
HE 4XX
HE 560 V2 (arriving today!)
Cascade
Elex
LCD2c
Probably won't bring all, anything specific people want to try to help me decide which to bring?
800, Cascade, Elex, and LCD2C are the ones I'd be interested in. As for amps, feel free to bring whatever. I'm looking at picking up a CTH soon.

Jul 26, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #104 of 170
The CTH is great, pairing can be inconsistent, especially with planars. Love it with Sennheisers and the HE 4XX, hate it with LCD2c and Elex.

Josh, I second the request for LCD2c, Elex, and CTH. I understand your point that they pair poorly together. I’d like to try those headphones with my amp, and my current reference headphones with the CTH. Also the La Figaro 339 would be a Welcome addition! I’m all for more tube amps :)

I’ll bring:

NuForce Icon HDP
Shure SRH-1840

Also available if requested are TH-X00 Purpleheart and DACPort HD. (I’ll leave my HD 6XX at home since there will already be a set on hand.)

———-

Edit: the DACPort HD is so small, it’d be silly not to bring it, so I will. Also, I forgot that I also have a Lake People G103 that I can bring if someone wants to hear it. (It pairs great with the Purplehearts.)

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #105 of 170
Josh, I second the request for LCD2c, Elex, and CTH. I understand your point that they pair poorly together. I’d like to try those headphones with my amp, and my current reference headphones with the CTH. Also the La Figaro 339 would be a Welcome addition! I’m all for more tube amps :)
Happy to bring whatever everyone wants to try, the CTH is a good option, especially for the price. I wanted people aware it's not perfect, especially if planars are their preference. :) Looks like I should leave my Lyr 3 at home. For what it's worth, the Lyr 3 does pair well with the HD 800 (modded or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back