Update:
Pictures from meetup

Y2WciQA.jpg

zByHpok.jpg

DK4FJZu.jpg

uicC0Oo.jpg
wN8KRYD.jpg

wkNEeb0.jpg

I think this is a pretty lonely hobby offline and I wonder if there is anyone around the area to exchange listening experiences and try out more headphones.

Update March 2nd:
I'm counting 10 people in the thread already. Here is a link to the meetup survey targeting schedules for the next 2 months https://goo.gl/forms/tKMSZWiTSRHoiIL23 , let's make it real!

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #4 of 170
Here in the bay area as well hoping to try out a new DAP

Mar 1, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #11 of 170
New guy here, kind of hijacking this thread, hope I'm not being too rude.

I'd be interested in coming to a meet up, but what I'm really interested in is finding someone local who has a Stax setup. I've got a pair of SR-307s and an early-80s vintage SRM-1/MK-2 (refurbished by Yamas a decade ago). A couple weeks ago I noticed that the right channel was quieter by maybe 20% (and getting worse). I don't know if the problem is the cans or the amp and since I only have one of each I'm stuck. I'd like to try hooking my parts up to someone else's parts so I can isolate the problem. Anyone have the necessary bits and the desire to get together?

I've got a couple pair of low end Grados (60 & 80) and a new pair of Oppo PM3s I can bring along. I've got a Bluewave Get BT dongle on order.

Thanks

Mar 2, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #12 of 170
New guy here, kind of hijacking this thread, hope I'm not being too rude.

I'd be interested in coming to a meet up, but what I'm really interested in is finding someone local who has a Stax setup. I've got a pair of SR-307s and an early-80s vintage SRM-1/MK-2 (refurbished by Yamas a decade ago). A couple weeks ago I noticed that the right channel was quieter by maybe 20% (and getting worse). I don't know if the problem is the cans or the amp and since I only have one of each I'm stuck. I'd like to try hooking my parts up to someone else's parts so I can isolate the problem. Anyone have the necessary bits and the desire to get together?

I've got a couple pair of low end Grados (60 & 80) and a new pair of Oppo PM3s I can bring along. I've got a Bluewave Get BT dongle on order.

Thanks

Being specific about gear to try in a meetup strikes me as totally on topic.

On that note, I can bring:
La Figaro 339 (updated version)
iFi iDSD BL
Mimby
Little Dot MK III
Grace SDAC
Massdrop/Cavalli CTH
HD-6XX
HE-4XX
Aeons (may sell them so ... maybe won't have them)
LCD-2c
TH-X00 PH + Lawton tune up
Elex (if we wait that long to meet)

I'd like to try:
Bottlehead Crack (+ speedball?)
Jotenheim
Gumby
HD-800/s
Atticus
Eikon
Audio-gd (curious about their sound signature)

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #13 of 170
Mar 2, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #14 of 170
Can't give any specific dates for the survey but for the next few weeks I'll be working Sundays til 2pm in Mtn View so I can easily make it after. Saturdays may work too.

I can bring any gear from my profild.

Mar 2, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #15 of 170
I can bring MrSpeakers Ether Flow and Ether C Flow, Focal Listen, and a Schiit Jotunheim (or two, one with the DAC module). If someone gives me a ride from/to San Francisco, I could bring a Schiit Yggdrasil as well, it's just not very backpack-friendly.
Would love to hear a Violectric HPA-V281, Schiit Ragnarok, Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk II or Topping DX7s... and any Eddie Current products... and I guess everything else I've never heard before :wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back