Mountain View/Sunnyvale/San Jose/Palo Alto/Stanford meetups
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #62 of 170
I think we should run a poll determining the best weekend for everyone within the next 2 months before actually booking a room.

Sure thing. How do you set up a poll on here? Is it a feature like on Facebook Groups?

If not, we can each just chime in on which Sat each person prefers and tally up at the end.
July 28
Aug 4
Aug 11
Aug 18
Aug 25
Sept 1
Sept 8
Sept 15
Sep 22
Sept 29

Jul 7, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #63 of 170
Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #64 of 170
Jul 8, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #65 of 170
Last edited:
Jul 8, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #72 of 170
Jul 8, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #74 of 170
I imagine either voting or up to the person/people willing to put in the time & effort to organize.
I can find out about availability at the Santa Clara Library, once we determine a date. They usually allow for 3 hour blocks for that large room of max 10 people, but if we get the later schedule, we can probably stay until the library closes.
How long is considered adequate? I've never been to a meet, so can't gauge how much time is usually needed. Also, how many members have typically showed up?

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #75 of 170
I can find out about availability at the Santa Clara Library, once we determine a date. They usually allow for 3 hour blocks for that large room of max 10 people, but if we get the later schedule, we can probably stay until the library closes.
How long is considered adequate? I've never been to a meet, so can't gauge how much time is usually needed. Also, how many members have typically showed up?
I've only been to one so it's hard to say. I think we had around 15 people total? We had a mix of people with and without gear (just sampling). For time, 4+ hours would be nice but 3 is doable, especially if there are fewer people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back