Mountain View/Sunnyvale/San Jose/Palo Alto/Stanford meetups
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #151 of 170
Another vote for not doing it on Labor Day weekend

Aug 28, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #154 of 170
Over the years, I've had many 2-channel audio systems. I only became interested in headphones in 2011 when I first learned of the Smyth Research Realiser A8 system. I found the ability to recreate the sound of a $200k+ speaker system via headphones very appealing. I'm still patiently waiting for delivery of my new pre-ordered A16, which has seen numerous delays.

Earlier this year, I upgraded my 2-channel speakers to the Zellaton Emotion, and I'm quite satisfied with their sound.

Aug 29, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #155 of 170
Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #156 of 170
@SomeTechNoob thank you for putting together your latest poll. However, I paid a visit to the City of Santa Clara Central Park Library today and found our options for the Sycamore conference room have quickly narrowed. Now there are only two Saturday openings available from now until early Nov.

I've taken the liberty of creating a new poll specifying the two available dates/times. Please follow the link below to the new poll to indicate your preferred date. I've capped the voting to a maximum of 12 votes per option. Voting will end when 12 votes are cast for an option, or at COB on 09/07/18, which ever comes first.

New SF/South Bay Head-Fi Meet Poll

If you wish to attend, please enter your vote NOW. Thank you for participating in the poll.

Aug 30, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #160 of 170
Wow! Thanks for setting this up @jazzfan ! I just voted that I can attend either date. I will contact the library now to let them know to cancel this Saturday reservation.

I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the gang.

Glad you can make it and I look forward to meeting you as well.

To All,

The room is filling quickly. Only two openings left. Please vote if you wish to attend. The voting link can be found in my signature.

Aug 30, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #161 of 170
To All,

When voting, please enter your actual Head-Fi "member" name (rather than your given name). I will not be able to contact you, or notify you of any future meeting changes without your member name.

If you have already voted and did not specify your Head-Fi member name, please update your poll entry to reflect your Head-Fi member name. Thank you.

Sep 1, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #162 of 170
To All,

The SF South Bay Head-Fi Meet Poll has been open for 72 hours and the response has been very enthusiastic. At this time, there is only one opening left.

The poll will remain open until COB on Sept. 7th, 2018. There is still plenty of time for you to cast your vote for your choice of dates. Because of high demand, a wait list will be created for those who wish to attend beyond the initial 12 members. Stay tuned, more details to follow.

Sep 2, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #163 of 170
To All,

The poll is now closed.

Our date selection poll is now officially closed and the winning date is Saturday, November 3, 2018. Now that we have a venue, date and time, the fun begins. To ensure everyone has all of the information they need to attend the event, you can expect the following next steps:

1. Centralize all meet details in two new threads (completed).
The following two threads new have been opened. Each thread should only contain information specific to this meet. Please refer to these threads for the latest up-to-date information on the meet.
2. Create a meet waiting list (ongoing).
Due to the library imposed maximum room capacity of 12, there will be a waiting list for others who still wish to attend. Anyone wishing to attend who is currently not listed, should post a request to attend in the new SF South Bay Meet thread. Your name will be added to a waiting list.

In the event of member cancellations, names from the waiting list will be selected on first in, first out basis. If there is a cancellation and your name has been selected, you will be notified via PM and you will have 24 hours to confirm you are still able to attend. If you do not respond within the 24 hour period, the next wait-listed name will be selected and notified. I will try my best to accommodate as many participants as possible. Thank you for your understanding regarding the room capacity.

3. Finalize the attendees/equipment list (ongoing).
Now for the fun part. If the gear you wish to bring is currently not listed in the in SF South Bay Meet thread, post an entry to the thread listing the equipment you wish to bring and send me @jazzfan a PM to notify me of the change or correction. I'll update the attendees/equipment section of the first post of the thread as needed.

If you have further questions, please direct all questions to myself @jazzfan, or in my absence @calbear. Thanks for your help calbear!

Lastly, a big thanks in advance to everyone participating. I look forward to meeting everyone at the Central Park Library on Saturday, November 3, 2018, and hope that this will be fun event for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back