Most misspelled word on the Net...
Sep 30, 2005 at 5:44 AM Post #17 of 89
I normally don't care for spelling typo's and such. It however intrigues me why people on an audio forum cannot tell the difference between base and bass.
redface.gif

Sep 30, 2005 at 7:21 AM Post #19 of 89
"inasmuch"... I had some college texts with this ... word, and I still do not know what it means.

Does anyone know? I cant even recall the context in which it was used.

Garrett

Sep 30, 2005 at 7:28 AM Post #20 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
"inasmuch"... I had some college texts with this ... word, and I still do not know what it means.

Does anyone know? I cant even recall the context in which it was used.

I looked it up (can't remember ever using it) and found this:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Inasmuch

http://www.freesearch.co.uk/dictionary/inasmuch

Apparently, it's a real word.
tongue.gif
I guess a bit on the formal/old fashioned side and rarely used in casual conversation. Looks like it means "To whatever degree/extent..."

Sep 30, 2005 at 8:18 AM Post #24 of 89
I only find improper grammer annoying when people write long paragraphs where they repeat the same error a dozen times. For example, you'll see people write two paragraphs without using a single capital letter, period, comma, etc. Or when someone types probly instead of probably a half dozen times. Then you try to correct them in as nice a way as possible and they get all bent out of shape. It will only get worse as the youth grow up with the internet teaching them that its ok to use phrases like every1, l8ter, and hax (or any word they can replace ck/cks with x's). You think slight misspellings are bad, netspeak is the Katrina of the english language.

Sep 30, 2005 at 8:19 AM Post #25 of 89
Their, there, they're bloody annoying when people get correct usage wrong...... definitely!

there horses were over there eating there hay....... argh!

Sep 30, 2005 at 8:50 AM Post #28 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
I only use "your" that way nomatter what.

Yeah, a lot of other people too. Frankly speaking, it's poor English. Couldn't hurt to get in the habit of using the word properly (but purely up to you, of course).

Sep 30, 2005 at 9:00 AM Post #29 of 89
I'm missing yet another classic - then/than.

Regarding: I could/couldn't care less - I'd think that's clearly different, but both seems possible. Example: "Hey, doesn't that bright blue led on your headphone amp bug the hell out of you?" a) "I could care less" (to me = "A bit maybe - but it doesn't bug me that much." vs. b) "I couldn't care less." (to me = "No, not at all - I absolutely don't care.")

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Sep 30, 2005 at 9:04 AM Post #30 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
I'm missing yet another classic - then/than.

Ahh yes... for some reason, that's a little less annoying then some of the others...
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back