Most detailed, accurate, clear, neutral IEMs
May 10, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #91 of 153
Driver count makes not difference...  If it did, we'd all be using the 20-driver IEMs that Heir Audio created that were a proof of concept, but did poorly in terms of sonics (according to The Wizard anyways).  Additionally, You may have 4 total drivers, but they still map out to the same frequency, intensity, time domain as the single drivers...  So you may start with 1080 pixels, they still get mapped to the original 256 (no gain using your analogy). 

There is no problem with using a single driver...  There is no problem with using a dual driver...  There is no problem with using a hybrid approach.  I'm not attacking the W4 for it's multi-driver design...  I'm stating that it isn't neutral since it isn't.  It's got a warm sound to it and a mid-bass hump that is colored. 

Correction:

The 20 driver, proof of concept was built by the "Wizard" Dr. John, while in Thailand, long before Heir Audio ever began, proof of that can be found on Dr John's face book page

Now on to the topic....

For neutral accurate etc, at crazy levels I would strongly recommend looking into the Noble PR universal IEM.

It is mind boggling... Feels like it enervates areas of the cochlea that has never been activated before.. Goose bump level stuff.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 10, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #92 of 153
For neutral accurate etc, at crazy levels I would strongly recommend looking into the Noble PR universal IEM.

It is mind boggling... Feels like it enervates areas of the cochlea that has never been activated before.. Goose bump level stuff.

unless it is a custom IEM , i would start a loan tour - back up your statement with actions 
wink.gif

i mean , if it's that good then a loan tour is the best way to attract new customers.....

May 10, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #94 of 153
great minds think alike
biggrin.gif

will it come over to Europe as well ?

May 11, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #96 of 153
Correction:

The 20 driver, proof of concept was built by the "Wizard" Dr. John, while in Thailand, long before Heir Audio ever began, proof of that can be found on Dr John's face book page

Now on to the topic....

Corrected :p 

May 17, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #97 of 153
Well I came across this thread with the exact question as the OP. I thank those that provided the technical information, but it's over my head.   Would someone provide a good recommendation list of custom and universal fitting IEMs with price points that meet the question of the OP?  I'd like a large starting point at least. If anything I can take it from there and read the multitude of comparisons in the threads off the forums.  Thanks!

May 17, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #98 of 153
In addition to the Noble listed above - the UE UERM has been mentioned numerous times in the threads as an example of a neutral can - also the 1964 Ears V6 (not the S model as it has a bass boost)

May 20, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #102 of 153
  Well I came across this thread with the exact question as the OP. I thank those that provided the technical information, but it's over my head.   Would someone provide a good recommendation list of custom and universal fitting IEMs with price points that meet the question of the OP?  I'd like a large starting point at least. If anything I can take it from there and read the multitude of comparisons in the threads off the forums.  Thanks!

In terms of customs, the UERM has always been a classic recommendation over and over. 

As for universals, Etymotic ER4, HiFiMan RE-272, I might even want to add the SD-2 to that list. 

May 20, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #103 of 153

In terms of customs, the UERM has always been a classic recommendation over and over. 

As for universals, Etymotic ER4, HiFiMan RE-272, I might even want to add the SD-2 to that list. 

Can I help you to remove SD-2 from that list? 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back