Most detailed, accurate, clear, neutral IEMs
Apr 15, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #136 of 153
I have no proof that this type of activity does not exist, but I can say that type of activity can result in the manufacturer being permanently banned from headfi.org

In my opinion, the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Yes, but how can you ban a Asian retail shop on this site? 98/100 Asian Audiophiles are probably not even aware of HF so they don't really care. The audio market is so robust over there. But the Western market is lucrative, but mass Marketing is hard; easier to have influencers spread word of mouth like a Portable Rig thread.

As you walk into a plethora of audio shops in Asia, you build relationships. Sometimes with the shop owner. Shop owner proposes a beneficial deal for both sides. Manufacturers may or may not know about these deals. They have plausible deniability. I don't think your average audio influencer walks directly to a manufacturers HQ. There's a clean separation that it's almost impossible to tie directly to the manufacturer.

For me, I don't care. It's just annoying seeing the same rigs plugged day after day. Everyone should be able to fairly share their rigs without some whom bombard. Should be neutral territory. It's an unfair advantage too for Member's of the Trade that play by the rules.

For me it's exhausting just posting once a year on that thread. How does one work up the energy to keep pushing their gear day after day without some kind of incentive..

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #137 of 153
Yes, but how can you ban a Asian retail shop on this site? 98/100 Asian Audiophiles are probably not even aware of HF so they don't really care. The audio market is so robust over there. But the Western market is lucrative, but mass Marketing is hard; easier to have influencers spread word of mouth like a Portable Rig thread.

As you walk into a plethora of audio shops in Asia, you build relationships. Sometimes with the shop owner. Shop owner proposes a beneficial deal for both sides. Manufacturers may or may not know about these deals. They have plausible deniability. I don't think your average audio influencer walks directly to a manufacturers HQ. There's a clean separation that it's almost impossible to tie directly to the manufacturer.

For me, I don't care. It's just annoying seeing the same rigs plugged day after day. Everyone should be able to fairly share their rigs without some whom bombard. Should be neutral territory. It's an unfair advantage too for Member's of the Trade that play by the rules.

For me it's exhausting just posting once a year on that thread. How does one work up the energy to keep pushing their gear day after day without some kind of incentive..

All valid points & I never looked at this situation from that perspective.

source.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 16, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #138 of 153
KSE1200/KSE1500. Done.

Apr 16, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #139 of 153
KSE1200/KSE1500. Done.

Solid! But for me my left ear is a little larger than right so customs work. I don't want to fiddle with M(L) + S(R) or L(L) + M(R) combos. Tips don't work for me. It's not that much larger, maybe 1/2; but enough where I don't want to fiddle with universals anyone.

Plus I don't remember how you bypass the Shure DAC with Chord products.

But otherwise, it would be in serious consideration.

My priority is tight bass, so Shure probably has highest probability of that with the exception of personal tuning monitors.

For anyone else looking for neutral monitors, it's worth serious consideration.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #141 of 153
Shuoer EJ07, sounds exactly like the Etymotic ER4 but with more subbass, way more details and a huge stage with holographic imaging. Very nice iem!

Im glad you hear it like I do !!!! I keep telling people its the 'fun' and 'exciting' Etymotic but since the price is so high, its a tough sell. Regadless, :beerchug:

Apr 17, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #143 of 153
Im glad you hear it like I do !!!! I keep telling people its the 'fun' and 'exciting' Etymotic but since the price is so high, its a tough sell. Regadless, :beerchug:
.....someday....

Apr 21, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #144 of 153
The UERR in UIEM form, with any faceplate, is on Drop for $800. Very tempting to me. I like that it’s a UIEM. I wish UE would also sell UIEMs routinely.

May 11, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #145 of 153
Sensaphonics does still offer 2X-S, 2MAX (neutral) and 3MAX (bass). They've also added their first dynamic, the D2. Slightly bass-forward, dual driver, and only $600.

Most recent offering is 3DME, with embedded binaural mics for Active Ambient pickup, and an app providing 7 bands of EQ, limiter threshold control, and the ability dial in your preferred sound signature and save settings for future recall.

May 22, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #146 of 153
Perhaps the Moondrop Blessing 2 belongs in this thread.

May 24, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #148 of 153
Perhaps the Moondrop Blessing 2 belongs in this thread.

Nah Brah, Cayin YB-04 is the shiznitz. Grabbed a pair for just a 100$ more than the Moondrop. Reviews (minus two recent) describe the sound nicely. I should be able to write a comparison once I finish some work related piece.

On a tangent, Crinnacle rated them lowly, but I suspect that he probably had the wrong tips or perhaps he just doesn't like relaxed signatures mebbe? The details are certainly there and sound WAY MORE NATURAL than the acclaimed Blessing 2.

Oct 11, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #149 of 153
feel like i wanna get sh3u

Users who are viewing this thread

Back